Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

Odd Life is going to hit 50M. Never thought it would make it past 30M.

Me too, I thought it would pull People Like Us numbers. And the reviews were bad as well but it really showed some good legs in the box office. Edited by forg

The Campaign has done good for a comedy about politics but I think it'll struggle overseas. I alway found it surprising that The Other Guys didn't do that well overseas considering the premise was pretty simple.

The Campaign didn't do that well here in the Philippines, The Watch made more money!

Me too, I thought it would pull People Like Us numbers. And the reviews were bad as well so that won't help but it really showed some good legs in the box office.

It's doing well to have such an odd premise.

Monsters is not guaranteed, it'll need to make $62m which no post-LK re-release has done yet. But it should get past $300m in lifetime gross.Also, any chance Nemo gets its $1 billion WW? TLK did $83m OS, Nemo will need to do around the same. Its chance of just passing the first HP's $974m and stopping there is much more likely though.

Edited by Jake Gittes

Well Nemo will become the biggest film of 2003, while Monsters will become the biggest film of 2001.Such as how it took Beast only 20 years to become 1991's biggest film :P

I wonder if Dreamworks will consider rereleasing Shrek in 3D, I know they toyed with it for a while either for a theatrical rerelease or on Blu-Ray?

It's doing well to have such an odd premise.

I liked the trailer actually since I'm a sucker for family stories so I was disappointed with the reviews but now I want to see this movie again but no release date here so far (originally slated for Sept. 5 but was cancelled) Edited by forg

Well Nemo will become the biggest film of 2003, while Monsters will become the biggest film of 2001.Such as how it took Beast only 20 years to become 1991's biggest film :P

The right way to say this is that Nemo will become the biggest film released in 2003. ROTK is still the biggest film of 2003. And I don't know how you expect Monster's Inc to become the biggest film released in 2001, it'd need to make over $60m.

I liked the trailer actually since I'm a sucker for family stories so I was disappointed with the reviews but now I want to see this movie again but no release date here so far (originally slated for Sept. 5 but was cancelled)

I know when it was first released I read that it scared the little children.

What's up with Raiders of the Lost Arc's friday number? It kept weirdly increasing in the weekdays unlike the other movies, and now it collapses on friday despite a gain in theaters... I do not understand its run. lol

Edited by wboxoffice

What's up with Raiders of the Lost Arc's friday number? It kept weirdly increasing in the weekdays unlike the other movies, and now it collapses on friday despite a gain in theaters... I do not understand its run. lol

Heh was thinking about that but it lost the IMAX screens and the run was extended to regular theaters the last minute. So I don't think too many know that it's still running. Looking for a nice bump today.

Another strong hold for BL. It's run has surprised the hell out of me. It actually has a shot at passing BI. Most thought 100M would be a struggle after the OW but late legs have been tremendous.

You could pretty much say that about every movie currently in release, they've just amassed totals bigger than I though they'd get, and essentially did it without me noticing. It's pretty cool.