Ezen Baklattan

Friday & Early Wknd Estimates (9/21/12): END OF WATCH Solid, everything else soft...

I highly doubt it, but I can definitely see it happening. It's much more mainstream than something like The Masters.

I don't know, as long as Tiger is playing it gets big ratings and is very mainstream.
  • Like 1

Looper I really enjoyed but then again I also liked Dredd :)

Nothing wrong with liking Dredd. The movie is good. The marketing of the movie and other new releases hurt the movie's box office. Edited by iTz Only ED

Thing about The Master is, it's fine if it's going for quality and not box office etc etc. But people really need to learn to temper their expectations based on limited release performance. These movies always do gangbusters in LA-NY premiere, they break records due to price inflation, and all of a sudden people harp that it will have $100m- TKS type run. Then are astonished why it performs mediocre in wide release...Back to reality.

• Like 1

Thing about The Master is, it's fine if it's going for quality and not box office etc etc. But people really need to learn to temper their expectations based on limited release performance. These movies always do gangbusters in LA-NY premiere, they break records due to price inflation, and all of a sudden people harp that it will have $100m- TKS type run. Then are astonished why it performs mediocre in wide release...Back to reality.

Word. Arthouse does great in big cities. In a few theaters. Nobody else cares hence disappointing expansion.

RE nosedive is magnificent. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WOM is toxic. Here it had a big Thursday, and after that it went nowhere. Saturday was already under To Rome With Love, and Sunday will also be under, and TRWL will end 1st place.

As expected, The Master is doing very well in the cities and it's being ignored everywhere else. Gotta give props to Weinstein for the balls to go wide right after an exclusive debut. Other indie studio names wouldn't have ever pushed it beyond 500 theaters.

WOM is toxic. Here it had a big Thursday, and after that it went nowhere. Saturday was already under To Rome With Love, and Sunday will also be under, and TRWL will end 1st place.

So even OS gave up on it? It`s Pt 1 of a two-parter,no? Damn hilarious that they split one turkey into 2. :rofl:
  • Like 1