CAYOM Year 5 Advance Schedule

Thing with December 10 that I don't like: if I move Dawn there, then it gets a blow from Spellforce second weekend and recovers over Christmas. If Dawn gets second release, it gets those 3 weeks of Christmas to itself since Spellforce will be much more frontloaded.

Dawn of Obilivion is about the end of the world is it?

Yes. But in the original version, it includes a whol visual eye candy feast of the whole creation of the universe, and in the film we witness the end of the world, but it's not just about that. Brief sypnosis, so those releasing around it can know and consider if they want to stay around it:After her husband is reported dead in a world war, a lone mother (Blanchett, probably) falls for a priest who took her and her daughter in during her time of grieving. However, she soon learns that her husband is still alive and is torn between the priest and her husband, who she hasn't seen in almost half a decade now. Her husband (presumably Pitt, may change actors though, but it will be a big name actor) has undergone a surgical procedure that enhances his human traits so thay he can be fit for an upcoming mission that winds up tearing him away from his family again. Hoffman plays a physical therapist trying to help the parapalexic make use of his new body. Pitt is trained along with others, chosen as the most superior genetic people on Earth, to go on a voyage to an uninhabited zone in the solar system where a temporary base has been established for the relocation of mankind. The story also shows us the current president (was going to be Aaron Eckhart, but I'm using him in The Next Dimension, so possibly not) as he must struggle with deciding whether to reveal that Earth is ending (and all that gets explained in the film) while also selecting those individuals who shall be chosen for the relocation to a possible new home and which countless millions must be forced to stay behind.Budget will probably be 275-310 tops, but still very expensive.My recommendation: Spellforce moves to December 10; Dawn on December 17. Spellforce will have a bigger OW but smaller legs because it should be a somewhat frontloaded sequel. Dawn will have a smaller opening but greater legs, but with Spellforce in its second weekend, its legs would get unjustly crippled somewhat. Spellforce's main gross will come from its first week before Dawn opens anyways.EDIT: And mine's not an apocalypse film, like I'm assuming the one in November is. It's not like 2012 or The Day After Tomorrow. It's more like an epic film. I'm also pushing mine as a heavy Oscar contender. In the original CAYOM, it was one of my 2 best received blockbusters (the other being Obliteration, which I'm going to be doing here in a few CAYOM years as well). Edited by The Creator

Yes. But in the original version, it includes a whol visual eye candy feast of the whole creation of the universe, and in the film we witness the end of the world, but it's not just about that. Brief sypnosis, so those releasing around it can know and consider if they want to stay around it:After her husband is reported dead in a world war, a lone mother (Blanchett, probably) falls for a priest who took her and her daughter in during her time of grieving. However, she soon learns that her husband is still alive and is torn between the priest and her husband, who she hasn't seen in almost half a decade now. Her husband (presumably Pitt, may change actors though, but it will be a big name actor) has undergone a surgical procedure that enhances his human traits so thay he can be fit for an upcoming mission that winds up tearing him away from his family again. Hoffman plays a physical therapist trying to help the parapalexic make use of his new body. Pitt is trained along with others, chosen as the most superior genetic people on Earth, to go on a voyage to an uninhabited zone in the solar system where a temporary base has been established for the relocation of mankind. The story also shows us the current president (was going to be Aaron Eckhart, but I'm using him in The Next Dimension, so possibly not) as he must struggle with deciding whether to reveal that Earth is ending (and all that gets explained in the film) while also selecting those individuals who shall be chosen for the relocation to a possible new home and which countless millions must be forced to stay behind.Budget will probably be 275-310 tops, but still very expensive.My recommendation: Spellforce moves to December 10; Dawn on December 17. Spellforce will have a bigger OW but smaller legs because it should be a somewhat frontloaded sequel. Dawn will have a smaller opening but greater legs, but with Spellforce in its second weekend, its legs would get unjustly crippled somewhat. Spellforce's main gross will come from its first week before Dawn opens anyways.EDIT: And mine's not an apocalypse film, like I'm assuming the one in November is. It's not like 2012 or The Day After Tomorrow. It's more like an epic film. I'm also pushing mine as a heavy Oscar contender. In the original CAYOM, it was one of my 2 best received blockbusters (the other being Obliteration, which I'm going to be doing here in a few CAYOM years as well).

Good because mine is, contains a visual showcase of an exploding earth or crumbling earth.

I don't know if I remember that film or not.

Came out in Year 44. Got nominated for a slew of Oscars but just missed Best Picture though it made it to the tiebreakers.On a related note, Next Dimension could be a strong candidate for break-out original blockbuster hit as well. The original came out in Year 43 and was nominated for Best Picture, with better reception than Genesis received and almost as good as Obliteration (which got nominated for BP as well). Those I think are my only best picture nominated blockbusters.

If I was Silver Shark I wouldn't flinch from the date since I would have proven BO success. But that's me.Spellforce 2 opened to 95 million. The threequel rush factor and DoO will mostly cancel one another out and I would expect #3 to open north of 85 million if it stays put.

Edited by 4815162342

Well if Silver Shark wants a box office war, he can get one. I'm not moving. If it means Dawn winds up opening like at 50 or less (which will suck) then so be it. But you may regret it heavily.EDIT: And if anyone thinks I'm being stubborn, I should mention that I have never once argued over a particular release date, so I'm way over-due to being entitled to this argument in my 20 odd CAYOM years.

Edited by The Creator

Well I want fun so let the war begins :lol: .Also there have been some weekends with incredible 1st and 2nd placed films :P .Electric will have to choose if one film went to hell or both explode to the unexpected.I don´t want to move , sorry.

Edited by SilverShark

Well I want fun so let the war begins :lol: .Also there have been some weekends with incredible 1st and 2nd placed films :P .Electric will have to choose if one film went to hell or both explode to the unexpected.I don´t want to move either, sorry.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Community Manager

I should add a blockbuster hopeful to December 17th just for the heck of it. An R-rated comedy about two cops who can barely stand each other called "Partners for Life" and I'll put....umm....Mark Wahlberg and....Will Smith!:POr am I joking? I don't know!

Well I want fun so let the war begins :lol: .Also there have been some weekends with incredible 1st and 2nd placed films :P .Electric will have to choose if one film went to hell or both explode to the unexpected.I don´t want to move , sorry.

Alright, well then it shall be a war. I don't think I've ever participated in one. Just be forewarned, I'm bringing my A-game...and my A-game has been proven to be pretty damn good. Dawn of Oblivion is both my blockbuster and Oscar tentpole this year.Everything else in December...uh-oh, looking quite doomed. That weekend is gonna be a killer, and I'm not certain how Jack Reacher will survive, but I'm certain Planeswalkers will die.

Alright, well then it shall be a war. I don't think I've ever participated in one. Just be forewarned, I'm bringing my A-game...and my A-game has been proven to be pretty damn good. Dawn of Oblivion is both my blockbuster and Oscar tentpole this year.Everything else in December...uh-oh, looking quite doomed. That weekend is gonna be a killer, and I'm not certain how Jack Reacher will survive, but I'm certain Planeswalkers will die.

Hartwick paradrop in 5...4...3...2...1 ;)