Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

5 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

But Black Panther made the most money after Endgame :Gaga:

If Chadwick were alive but got ignored by Iger, so Marvel announced a Black Pantress project focused on Shuri, and also another Black Panther movie, but this time the lead is a third cousin from Denmark, but then Chapek came onboard and said "Shit guys, you know, maybe we should focus the brand again and not dilute it - regroup the main characters that are the most recognisable and spend big on them and only them", so they scrap those projects and bring Chadwick back - THAT would be a valid comparison.

Do you realise just how nonsensical you sound?

Obviously this is a very bad look, and considering the overall optics for WB are shite atm, but Jesus...

6 minutes ago, JWR said:

If true... This is actually one point that I fully agree with Zaslav. What are the others smoking? Shelving the movie now is premature and makes no sense. They have no need to start promoting it. And considering how much they've already sunk in, may as well finish it and if, come Spring next year, things aren't looking OK, push it back. 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

Sell that shit to Netflix or Amazon. I'm dead serious.

I think they would use the baggage to negotiate a lower fee - can't see either of them paying 300 million for it. And compared to 400-500 WW theatrical, THEN followed by PVOD and THEN streaming seems a bad deal. 

11 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

If true... This is actually one point that I fully agree with Zaslav. What are the others smoking? Shelving the movie now is premature and makes no sense. They have no need to start promoting it. And considering how much they've already sunk in, may as well finish it and if, come Spring next year, things aren't looking OK, push it back. 

I love anonymous Twitter accounts which get information on everything from Test screenings, to executive decisions, to actor contracts, to what happens in a board meeting.

It's kind of amazing how these accounts have a following without ever having a track record of scoopage.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I love anonymous Twitter accounts which get information on everything from Test screenings, to executive decisions, to actor contracts, to what happens in a board meeting.

It's kind of amazing how these accounts have a following without ever having a track record of scoopage.

This specific person literally spoiled all of NOPE like in May so yes they're pretty legit. 

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So not true I guess lol. 

The Aquaman comments sounded like even more inflammatory and ckick-baity noise (regardless of whether it's a dud or not), so can't say I'd be shocked. 

I've been dismayed at the state of WB for years, but this seems like such a silly move to make at this point, that I can't believe the majority of the board are that stupid. Meh... 

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

This specific person literally spoiled all of NOPE like in May so yes they're pretty legit. 

The Nope test screenings were pretty open. Even I posted a link to them in the Nope thread a week before the screening happened : 

. It was really not hard to get into that test screening if you wanted to.

6 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

So not true I guess lol. 

The Aquaman comments sounded like even more inflammatory and ckick-baity noise (regardless of whether it's a dud or not), so can't say I'd be shocked. 

I've been dismayed at the state of WB for years, but this seems like such a silly move to make at this point, that I can't believe the majority of the board are that stupid. Meh... 

I am also wondering how a board meeting called at short notice (based on what the twitter account says) has people actually in a boardroom to devolve into a shouting match. Boards have not met in person at most companies in a while since the board members realized they could be on multiple boards and just be on Zoom as needed.

A board meeting turning into a shouting match with people angry at each other just reads like some mega fan fiction. Especially since most board meetings don't focus on individual movies, they are the board of Warner Bros-Discovery, not DC movies.

It's like what Al Snow says in this clip - using a little bit of information, and pretending they know everything 

Like board meetings are never as dramatic as these fold think they are. This isn't Succession. I have been in board meetings to present IT strategy related findings to the board members, and the VAST majority of board members just want to come in, vote like the IT director wants them to vote, look at their profit and go back home.

They are not making the day to day tactical decisions.

Edited by grim22

That seems like info that all the trades would have and would have reported on, I can’t see how this guy would be more connected inside WBD then the guys at variety or thr. I’m not saying one way or another what’s true but I definitely question the part about Aquaman. 

8 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

That guy rants about Amber Heard everytime he talks about test screening reactions to it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That seems like info that all the trades would have and would have reported on, I can’t see how this guy would be more connected inside WBD then the guys at variety or thr. I’m not saying one way or another what’s true but I definitely question the part about Aquaman. 

One thing I figured out with the Henry Cavill stuff over SDCC was just how easy it is for complete nonsense to make it as a major talking point online.

It was genuinely crazy knowing exactly what's happening and to see the narrative online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, like anybody in a board meeting is going to leak stuff to some nerd site. If they were going to leak,it would be to a major outlet.