Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

56 minutes ago, Potiki said:

If I had to guess this is most likely the UK, parts of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, NZ and India as they are markets that they would avoid as they likely get a nice payday from local distributors. 

They might as well just drop HBO Max altogether then. 

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

They might as well just drop HBO Max altogether then. 

I don't disagree but clear now they are treating streaming like cable over the internet. With little to no international programming, selling international rights in key markets, less prominence for film etc. 

1 hour ago, JWR said:

Pretty telling of the current climate at WBD. Who would even want the job right now?

Pretty much ya, who wants the headache if they think it will be sold off again in a few years. Can’t blame people. 

I don’t care if they hire a new head of DC right now after reading all this stuff, I’d rather know that WBD will sell DC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Pretty much ya, who wants the headache if they think it will be sold off again in a few years. Can’t blame people. 

I don’t care if they hire a new head of DC right now after reading all this stuff, I’d rather know that WBD will sell DC. 

Knowing Zaslav, he just might if his efforts to find a studio head don't work.

26 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

Hollywood insiders is talking about an NBCU Warner Bros merger again.

Legally, talks can't start until April 2024 

A combined NBCU/WBD would own 11 of the 20 most viewed cable channels (as of 2021). No other media company would own more than 1. They would also have more than 40% of total viewers on a nightly basis, the next closest being Disney at 10%. While I'm sure spinoffs of certain channels might change those numbers a little bit (you wouldn't need both CNN and MSNBC, or E!/Oxygen and some of the Discovery nets), that's still an insane amount of power to have over one of the largest consumer industries in America.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:15 PM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Isn't already like 15 bucks a month?

HBO Now (HBO by itself) cost $15.

HBO Max includes HBO AND a shit ton of other WB films and TV shows they licence onto the streamer also for $15

It’s insanely underpriced.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Them always releasing these kind of news after articles followed by backlash like this today 💀 like no one would notice

Nothing new really came out today, they’re just expanding on what we already know. Zaslav is full of shit. 

• Like 1