Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

7 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

On the Paramount side not the WBD side. WBD would take over Paramount look at what they are doing and axe whatever they don’t like essentially.

So glad we were able to get Picard season 3 released before this shitstorm with WBD started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So glad we were able to get Picard season 3 released before this shitstorm with WBD started.

Crap, just realized that this will affect Star Trek, right when they were getting their shit together in the TV department. It's 100% going to be a big mess if WBD controls it, that sucks.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Is kinda funny everyone thought WB would be sold and yet they are buying something else lol

Warner & Paramount combined are less than $40 billion market cap. Chump change for Comcast/Universal, the rumored buyer for Warner Brothers. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, dallas said:

And ngl y'all act like anything significant that Zaslav does is terrible and immoral and it's kind of annoying. 

Bro after everything Zaslav has done this past year, and you're here trying to shame people for him being a piece of shit that has run WB into the ground?

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

Bro after everything Zaslav has done this past year, and you're here trying to shame people for him being a piece of shit that has run WB into the ground?

I'm not saying he isn't without his faults, but you don't fix a company $50B in debt without getting your hands dirty. He's been thrown into a lose-lose situation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

I am surprised by this news. I'm curious what the reason is behind this. Is it to bolster their library to be more enticing to a buyer? Or is it to expand?

Grace Randolph said its because WB wants Nickelodeon. You can decide whether you believe her, but it seems plausible. It was also stated in the initial article that Paramount is under a ton of financial pressure to merge with a partner company, so there's that. 

4 minutes ago, dallas said:

I'm not saying he isn't without his faults, but you don't fix a company $50B in debt without getting your hands dirty. He's been thrown into a lose-lose situation. 

“Thrown”

You’re acting like he was an victim of unforeseen circumstances instead of…a CEO.

1 minute ago, Speedorito said:

“Thrown”

You’re acting like he was an victim of unforeseen circumstances instead of…a CEO.

No I'm not. I'm saying that he was put in a situation where he had to make some shitty decisions in order to prevent his -$50B company from going bankrupt. Under any other circumstances what he did would be terrible. But there's only so much good you can do when you're that far in the negative.

• Like 1

This does not surprise me. Paramount has been waiting to be enveloped by one of the other big studios for at least the last 5 years and the only reason it wasn’t Disney that did it around that time is bc they were too busy messing with Fox. Now obviously Disney is in no place for it, so WB makes the most sense tbh