Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 1/4/2024 at 9:12 AM, dallas said:

Plans change. Gunn has no responsibility to release Ayer's cut when he's already spread thin building his own universe.

And Gunn apparently also told Gadot "We're making Wonder Woman 3", so... people serve what best serves them.  

Yes, Cruise "returning" to Warner Bros. for a long-term deal only solidifies further that Paramount will be bought up soon...possibly by Warner Bros., themselves.  Cruise may even be angling to ...wait for it... take over the Paramount label?  If anyone can make blockbusters into their 70s, it will be Cruise...but seriously, I think at some point he'll bow out and become a (hopefully) nicer Les Grossman.  

Edited by Macleod

57 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I just realized that this adds a whole new layer to all those articles last year about how much Tom Cruise loved The Flash. Lol

You are unironically right. That shit is never random or because they so sincerely liked some crap. It's like Cavill loving LOTR:TROP...because he got a fat contract with Amazon to mkae Warhammer 40000. One always has to wonder why this or that celeb goes out of nthe way to praise some trash and the answer is always paycheck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

You are unironically right. That shit is never random or because they so sincerely liked some crap. It's like Cavill loving LOTR:TROP...because he got a fat contract with Amazon to mkae Warhammer 40000. One always has to wonder why this or that celeb goes out of nthe way to praise some trash and the answer is always paycheck.

We get it, you hate female led things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I love McQ, but i'm tired of franchise movie. Make something original!

ISOme of C ruise's best perfromances has been when he has stepped down from the leading role and done "charecter" parts.

As to Warners buying Paramount, can't see that happening until Warners gets out from under it's current debt load.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

NO Edge of Tomorrow sequel pls. The movie stands on its own. It's my fav original movie he has done in decades. Don't ruin it with an unnecessary sequel

Just read the press release. It says they'll make original and franchise movies. Weird way of putting it. Could have just simply said movies. I guess, the only movie that could become a franchise is Edge of Tomorrow, so now i expect the'll make the sequel. Damn!! Such a bad idea

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Just read the press release. It says they'll make original and franchise movies. Weird way of putting it. Could have just simply said movies. I guess, the only movie that could become a franchise is Edge of Tomorrow, so now i expect the'll make the sequel. Damn!! Such a bad idea

If they don't bring back Emily Blunt as the Stainless Steal BItch, not interested.

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Geez, do you like anything? 😉

I don't know how theatrically viable a sequel would be if it were to release at least 11 years after the original, but I'd see it.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

We get it, you hate female led things.

We get it, you create outrage where there is none whenever someone doesn't like something you do. Echo chamber and all that.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Just now, excel1 said:

Guy will be in Superman Legacy 

You joke, but I think that would be the one surefire way to get everyone interested in the film.

What I don't get about this Tom Cruise deal is, how does this get Gen Z and younger interested in going to see films again? Have Cruise play Sydney Sweeney's dad?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

You joke, but I think that would be the one surefire way to get everyone interested in the film.

Cos that worked out so well for The Flash...

And i don't think @excel1 is joking. It's a legit possibility. It could happen. When does Supes start filming?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Cos that worked out so well for The Flash...

And i don't think @excel1 is joking. It's a legit possibility. It could happen. When does Supes start filming?

Michael Keaton had already done Spider-Man, so the allure was gone. Whereas I remember rumors of Tom Cruise as Iron Man in Multiverse of Madness and was immediately interested... until those rumors were shot down.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

What I don't get about this Tom Cruise deal is, how does this get Gen Z and younger interested in going to see films again? Have Cruise play Sydney Sweeney's dad?

To be fair, Tony Stark/Iron Man was insanely popular cross generations despite being played by 39 years old actor in the first movie. Great characters are ageless, they connect. Same goes for Spiderman who is a teenager yet all generations like him. I don't think that teen Supers would automatically attract younger audience.

Damn, Paramount is fumbling. First Max gets an A24 deal, now Tom Cruise is making films for WB. Stealing their whole flow, word for word, bar for bar.

Not sure why people are jumping to a DC connection though. Not everything revolves around superheroes.

• Haha 1