Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

What's the logic in all this? They clearly don't like Snyder or want anything to do with him anymore, but they also don't seem terribly keen on all this new DCEU stuff either. They most likely want a clean reboot but then why delay your films further? It would make a lot more sense to just release these movies and close out this saga (what happens to WW3? idk) so you can move on and not have this half rebooted half Snyder verse. 

The DCU is not going to be rebooted; They will continue wiht the sort of soft reboot they have: they just pretend most of the SNyderverse never  happened.

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why does it need to move to HBO proper? Why can’t it stay where it is? It’s not 2007 anymore. Cable is a relic. 

Did they say HBO not gonna be apart of the new streamer?  No..they never said that.  Hacks can be apart of the HBO team 

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

For Zaslav’s sake he better walk out with Cavill tomorrow as his co-host for the earnings call. 

Zaslev has not been around that long; he can claim it will take time for his plan to work..............

And I repeat: If Zaslav is gone tommorow, another cost cutting budget wathcing SOB will take his place.

4 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

they're delaying the start of multiversus's first season indefinitely, jesus christ

Zaslav is giving off serious “I hate when people have fun” vibes, yet he thinks he can turn WB into Disney 2.0?

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Zaslav is giving off serious “I hate when people have fun” vibes, yet he thinks he can turn WB into Disney 2.0. 

If Zaslev can get the debt situation under control, all will be forgiven. That is what he was b rought in to handle.

16 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Young Justice is once again gonna be screwed over despite being top tier animation.

Greg Weisman has been hinting at this possibility since the finale aired and I’ve come to terms with it.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

If "Badgirl" is a good film, WB would be happy to release it in theaters.

In fact, WB is going to release the HBO Max production "House Party" in theaters.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/batgirl-shelved-warner-bros-1392407/

In the wake of the Batgirl news, press speculation mounted that a House Party reboot from producer LeBron James also was getting axed, given that it was quietly removed from its July 28 debut slot on HBO Max. But a knowledgeable source says the opposite is true and the comedy is now poised for a theatrical release.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Why does it need to move to HBO proper? Why can’t it stay where it is? It’s not 2007 anymore. Cable is a relic. 

Just because MAX originals go away doesn't mean there won't be an HBO MAX or a HBO streaming service left afterward. 

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

Greg Weisman has been hinting at this possibility since the finale aired and I’ve come to terms with it.

Same. Since that comment I sadly accepted it was the end, at least we had it back for a period of time.

Any DC cartoon (DC Super Hero Girls, Harley Quinn, Young Justice) not Teen Titans Go! I suspect will not get renewed.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

HBO proper is pretty much an institution at this point after decades of producing quality projects that usually win awards. It's just that now there's more ways to watch. Game of Thrones was a ratings monster throughout its run and it ended just three years ago. There's no disadvantage to premiering on the network when people are likely going to check you out one way or another.

New CEO is a moron and will keep shitting the bed not coz he's shutting the streaming arm but because he thinks he can make 7-10billion off just 6-7 movies per year like Disney to compensate for all this shit show.

WB pictures have never rolled like that in last 2 decades even when they delivered multi billion movies. It has only ended in disasters whenever they have tried to copy DIsney for making films.

• Like 1