Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

TBF Zaslav was CEO of Discovery for 16 years so there is a bit of bias but both are very strong brands in their own ways. 

At this point I’m pretty sure Zaslav could say they’re never making another Batman movie again and you’d find a way to defend it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Looney Tunes has had really strong viewing numbers on HBO Max.

Which is weird because it was neglected by WB for a long time. Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry had more new films and shows in compared in the last decade compared to the Looney Tunes even though they've been owned by WB for less time

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Nobody is lambasting Warner for releasing theatrical. They’re lambasting them for cancelling movies already ready for DTC, and annihilating any hbo max original content budget there was. 

People don't like it when things are taken away, more breaking news at 11!

At this point I’m pretty sure Zaslav could say they’re never making another Batman movie again and you’d find a way to defend it. 

Considering Batman is their biggest brand, the chances of that are absolutely zilch. Stop being silly. 

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The fact they highlighted Elvis and The Batman will hopefully calm down the suggestion WBD was becoming an unscripted only joint.

You're misrepresenting what people were saying. It was being implied that HBO Max is cutting as much scripted as possible, with HBO cable channel being the main host for that programming. 

• Like 1

• Someone is legit askin about what the fuck is going on with DC- that never would happen on a Disney call
  • DC Is very important to WB
  • Theyve done a reset with DC
  • A team with a 10 year plan will mould DC
  • Zas shoutouts Alan Horn and Kevin Feige - says they’re replicating what they did with Marvel

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nothing wrong with those terms.

As someone who has dealt with sexism from fandom men for 20 years thinking I don’t deserve to be in the space, yeah. There is.

Moreover it is incredibly troubling if they are writing and producing those shows thinking their target audience is men and not everyone.  Huge, huge, huge red flags. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Well, at least DC is it’s own studio now. 

I totally support this, I just wanna know who’s gonna run it. Cause it cannot be Johns. 

• Like 9

That Gumball revival is most definitely dead. So are Coyote vs ACME and that Craig of the Creek preschool spinoff (the main show will likely be sunsetted in a couple of years). That Venture Bros movie is probably toast too. My condolences to all these fandoms and the respective crews of these properties.

Zaslav might still be cancelling more projects at 11 tbh :sparta:

Projects are going to have to be cancelled given the situation Warners is in;Zaslav will be judges on his choices as to which projects

1 minute ago, AJG said:
  • A team with a 10 year plan will mould DC
  • Zas shoutouts Alan Horn and Kevin Feige - says they’re replicating what they did with Marvel

I am going to become the Joker if this means another cinematic universe

• Haha 1