Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

The reviews for The Idol:

Throw Our Heads Back GIFs | Tenor

Zendaya, take this as a sign that you should do whatever it is you can to get out of Euphoria: Season 3!

As long as the show keeps giving her Emmy’s I think she’ll be fine with the shoe. The creator might’ve ruined half of the characters but the Rue storyline continues to let Zendaya shine with her acting. Honestly I’d be fine if they wrote off half the characters and just focused on a few if the rumors of a time skip for season 3 are true.

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

As long as the show keeps giving her Emmy’s I think she’ll be fine with the shoe. The creator might’ve ruined half of the characters but the Rue storyline continues to let Zendaya shine with her acting. Honestly I’d be fine if they wrote off half the characters and just focused on a few if the rumors of a time skip for season 3 are true.

A time jump is the only thing that makes sense at this point because it's only becoming increasingly difficult buying the cast as teens (it'll be more than 5 years since the first season aired by the time the next one does). Although I suspect the third season is the last one regardless between both the insane amount of time it takes for each season to be released (+ several cast members being booked and busy these days) and it essentially being an open secret that the set isn't the most friendly of places.

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t really get the point of this. 

Oopsie daisy!

They probably wanted a credits format that would work the same with scripted and non-scripted programming. That this minimizes creative talent was probably a bonus...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Oopsie daisy!

They probably wanted a credits format that would work the same with scripted and non-scripted programming. That this minimizes creative talent was probably a bonus...

This might actually force the DGA to strike......

Another asshole move from Zaslev.

I sort of defending him early on because I thought he was getting a lot of fanboy hate for doing things which anybody taking on the job of head of WB would have had to do given the debt situation..like cutting  some DC TV shows which were not getitng good enough ratings though some fans loved them but he has just made too many stupid moves since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

This might actually force the DGA to strike......

Another asshole move from Zaslev.

I sort of defending him early on because I thought he was getting a lot of fanboy hate for doing things which anybody taking on the job of head of WB would have had to do given the debt situation..like cutting  some DC TV shows which were not getitng good enough ratings though some fans loved them but he has just made too many stupid moves since then.

There was a joint DGA-WGA statement about the MAX credits issue: see, look at Zaslav uniting the industry in hating him!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

There was a joint DGA-WGA statement about the MAX credits issue: see, look at Zaslav uniting the industry in hating him!

And this comes right after Zaslev  did permanent damage to one of his flagship channels with the CNN Trump stunt. Nice going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

WB bankrolling Barbie looks like a ultra-creative gamble that may pay off in spades. 

Which decisio was made before Zaslev took over......

Guy, your attempts to defend the guy are just getting silly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Which decisio was made before Zaslev took over......

Guy, your attempts to defend the guy are just getting silly.

that wasn't an attempt to defend zaslav ...

On 5/24/2023 at 5:40 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Not a good look, especially after getting publicly booed.

It's amazing how quickly this guy is becoming the face of everything people hate about huge media conglomerates.

Edited by JWR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JWR said:

Not a good look, especially after getting publicly booed.

It's amazing how quickly this guy is becoming the face of everything people hate about huge media conglomerates.

I doubt he cares about the hate he gets from people online and in public.

49 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

He should, shouldn’t he? Don’t executives usually try to avoid bad PR?

Getting booed at BU wasn't great for PR, but nothing too damaging. Pissing off the DGA, WGA, and SAG is a different story. 

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

He should, shouldn’t he? Don’t executives usually try to avoid bad PR?

Patticularly in the Entertainment business, where image is all important.

You might get away with having a bad image as CEO in some businesses, not the entertainment business.

And he is making the same mistake Chapek did; he is alenating the talent very quickly.