Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

Bautista is awesome and likable, but in films...he needs to be used right.  I don't think that means small or large roles...but if it large...you've got to tilt it to what he can do.  He ain't no thespian...but he can be awesome.

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

Bautista is awesome and likable, but in films...he needs to be used right.  I don't think that means small or large roles...but if it large...you've got to tilt it to what he can do.  He ain't no thespian...but he can be awesome.

I dunno, in interviews the guy expresses a fierce desire to be a legitimate actor. Hopefully someone gives him the chance. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I dunno, in interviews the guy expresses a fierce desire to be a legitimate actor. Hopefully someone gives him the chance. 

Hey, I'm game to watch the guy prove himself.  He's got a place even if he's not a diverse actor though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I am imaging he'll be playing a silent strong guy. 

Batista would play the Leon role. Great choice, he is memorable in Spectre as OddJob type of character.

Ford will play an aging Dekard, Gosling will be the new/younger blade runner, similar to Ford's original.

Robin Wright may play the female version of some corporate type, like Charlize Theron did in Prometheus. 

Wonder who would play the new Rachel or the new Roy.

Blade Runner is one of those movies you don't remake but I am intrigued: Villeneuve has been making

a lot of interesting movies lately.

5 hours ago, zackzack said:

Batista would play the Leon role. Great choice, he is memorable in Spectre as OddJob type of character.

Ford will play an aging Dekard, Gosling will be the new/younger blade runner, similar to Ford's original.

Robin Wright may play the female version of some corporate type, like Charlize Theron did in Prometheus. 

Wonder who would play the new Rachel or the new Roy.

Blade Runner is one of those movies you don't remake but I am intrigued: Villeneuve has been making

a lot of interesting movies lately.

It's not a remake though, it's a sequel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Jurassic World managed to be both a sequel & a remake.

It's similar to the first, but it was still a continuation of the series, even bringing back Dr. Wu. from the original, in a major, though small, antagonist role. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

10 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Nah. Naaahhh. Nahh. Still a bad idea. Not on board. 

Listen, I know you're all hipster and shit, but it actually needs to be done.

Movie is both too old and a classic. Both mean it needs a remake.

I rewatched it specifically a week ago - vision still stands, but is extremely limited. Imagine what they can do with it now.

PS: Also Ridley isn't getting any younger. Nor is Ford.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Listen, I know you're all hipster and shit, but it actually needs to be done.

Movie is both too old and a classic. Both mean it needs a remake.

I rewatched it specifically a week ago - vision still stands, but is extremely limited. Imagine what they can do with it now.

PS: Also Ridley isn't getting any younger. Nor is Ford.

Huh? 

Okay. Listen my big bitch, I don't really see your point here. The vision in the original Blade Runner isn't "limited". It's in fact one of the most perfectly constructed scifi worlds I've seen. Every shot in that motherfucker looks amazing. I honestly can't see how Denis Villaneuve can reach that level. And I don't like the idea of CGI either. 

• Like 3

I thought there's just a couple of shots outside, in the open spaces of this world. Most of it is inside, just a claustrophobic fest. Not that it's bad, but I would like to see more of this world - exactly because how beautiful it is.

I also adore the setting of the recent Total Recall remake. 10/10, best action and futuristic setting I've seen.

Edited by shayhiri