Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

OMG....Blade Runner was boxoffice bomb..didn't know that. A sequel to a 35 year old film that bombed...frankly it being a good movie and doing 300 WW would be a great achievement. Hopefully, after this he will be offered STAR WARS. Now.....that's going to be something....

After Arrival and Blade Runner, Villeneuve needs to move from sci-fi to some other genre. If he has to direct a franchise film, I'd much rather see him direct an Indiana Jones film than a Star Wars film.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

OMG....Blade Runner was boxoffice bomb..didn't know that. A sequel to a 35 year old film that bombed...frankly it being a good movie and doing 300 WW would be a great achievement. Hopefully, after this he will be offered STAR WARS. Now.....that's going to be something....

Villeneuve Star Wars? My god, that sounds amazing

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

Yep, this is my most anticipated movie of 2017. It gave me chills.

Btw, I have seen the original and Final Cut of Blade Runner. Is there any point in checking out the Director's cut or is that a completist thing only?

This is a breakdown of all the differences, if you want to save yourself some time: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4589

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

After Arrival and Blade Runner, Villeneuve needs to move from sci-fi to some other genre. If he has to direct a franchise film, I'd much rather see him direct an Indiana Jones film than a Star Wars film.

Hopefully, he will stay away from doing huge franchises, especially the Disney ones.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Hopefully, he will stay away from doing huge franchises, especially the Disney ones.

I'd be perfectly fine if he did stay away from franchise films. It might translate to smaller paychecks in the future but he would almost assuredly have more creative control of his films.

Edited by LonePirate

Why Deakins elevates so much visually the movies he s involved with ?

He seems to have as much power as the director on set.

Just watch Spectre after Skyfall, it s pretty incredible & jarring.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Why Deakins elevates so much visually the movies he s involved with ?

He seems to have as much power as the director's on set.

Just watch Spectre after Skyfall, it s pretty incredible & jarring.

Spectre was quite stunning, too.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yep, this is my most anticipated movie of 2017. It gave me chills.

Btw, I have seen the original and Final Cut of Blade Runner. Is there any point in checking out the Director's cut or is that a completist thing only?

At this point, no. No real need to see it unless you're curious. It's basically a quasi-Final Cut without some of the finessing. It was a big deal back in the 90s because it was the closest thing we had to a definitive version, but the Final Cut supercedes it. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

Blade Runner cheated though.

I think some of the visual effects we re-worked for the final video release some years ago.

The Bluray release says so on the back.

Just hearing the synth theme gave me chills. Normally I would be dreading this film, but I love Villeneuve. He's too talented for this not being a good film, no matter how "unneeded" it might be.

God, and I'm just fresh off Rogue One. Life is just what happens between hyped tentpoles.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 3