Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

Iron Sky was a great experience with an audience. It was the opening day, and everyone was excited. We laughed, we hollered, we applauded.. Then I saw it again on dvd and it was horrible. I was duped into thinking I was watching a good movie by the audience experience

That must have been cool. I bought it on dvd, and it really is a smart deconstruction of the horror genre. Plus its hilaroius.

It's really crazy how much a great crowd can make a good movie even better. It spoils you too! That's the same theater I saw THE RAID and 21 JUMP STREET in as well, and let me tell you, it doesn't get better than that.

Trying to convince my wife to watch Argo but it looks like it will be sinister tonight...

Posted Image

My local theaters night shows are all sold out after 8PM. To the city it is.

One thing that I didn't really get about Cabin in the Woods: were the teens in a horror movie within the movie? Then its kinda like Truman Show when the virgin and the fool escape from the movie into the real world. Or something.

Ugh American audiences are stupid when it comes to horror movies. Sinister deserves at least a B cinemascore. It's the best scary movie I've seen since insidious, and I liked it more than that. Many crazy original moments. As for Argo...I don't wanna start a flame war. That A+ CS is both surprising and amazing for its BO prospects.