Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

Please tell me what was so great about it. The ending was so bad...

Are we really supposed to believe he would sacrifice himself for a kid that has the power to kill everyone? He gave his friend up when they threated to take half his money… He was planning his whole future, saving money for years, and then he s himself.... Lol .... Stupid ending for a stupid movie.

Please tell me what was so great about it. The ending was so bad...

Are we really supposed to believe he would sacrifice himself for a kid that has the power to kill everyone? He gave his friend up when they threated to take half his money… He was planning his whole future, saving money for years, and then he s himself.... Lol .... Stupid ending for a stupid movie.

You completely missed the point of the ending...and really the entire film. I suggest you either re-watch it or keep your opinion to yourself. I have my own reservations about the film. It was far from perfect, but you missed the character's development and are saying the ending didn't make sense. Either you went to the bathroom, fell asleep or decided from the first scene not to get into the film because your opinion is...well, uninformed.
  • Like 1

You completely missed the point of the ending...and really the entire film. I suggest you either re-watch it or keep your opinion to yourself. I have my own reservations about the film. It was far from perfect, but you missed the character's development and are saying the ending didn't make sense. Either you went to the bathroom, fell asleep or decided from the first scene not to get into the film because your opinion is...well, uninformed.

What did I miss?

What did I miss?

Young Joe saw it all happen, it is one never ending cycle. A loop. The same thing happens every time, Old Joe kills the mom and Cid grows up angry. No telling how many times this has happened before and it would continue to happen unless someone stopped it. The most important line in the movie explains it all. "I saw a mother that would die for her son and a husband that will kill for his wife."Young Joe connected more with Cid than anyone else in the film. He saw a lot of himself in the boy. It is not that far-fetched to believe that Joe would sacrifice himself to make sure this kid would have a better chance at a normal life with his mom. A life that he himself didn't have but certainly wishes he did.

• Like 2

Young Joe saw it all happen, it is one never ending cycle. A loop. The same thing happens every time, Old Joe kills the mom and Cid grows up angry. No telling how many times this has happened before and it would continue to happen unless someone stopped it. The most important line in the movie explains it all. "I saw a mother that would die for her son and a husband that will kill for his wife."Young Joe connected more with Cid than anyone else in the film. He saw a lot of himself in the boy. It is not that far-fetched to believe that Joe would sacrifice himself to make sure this kid would have a better chance at a normal life with his mom. A life that he himself didn't have but certainly wishes he did.

another solution would have been to kill the Mother and the son, but I guess that really wouldn't be a good ending either. I guess they ended it the best way they could...

still don't like it. =s

That's very good for Argo, and I honestly see it winning this weekend. If Taken goes like on it's first weekend it'll stay nearly flat from Friday to Saturday giving it 15 million without Sunday. Another 30% drop on Sunday would put it at around 21milI'm pretty sure Argo will increase Saturday, and having 8mil and let's say a tiny increase for 8.5 mil, that would be 16.5 million, 1.5 million ahead of Taken.It's pretty hard to believe that there would be a drop occurring on a SATURDAY.

How in the hell can Nikki think that its going to be a close race between Argo and Taken this weekend, with Taken apperently winning friday???When will she ever learn?

But a close #2 is Affleck’s true story of the ‘Canadian Caper’ covert operation to rescue six Americans during the Iran hostage crisis in November 1979-January 1980.