Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

Argo is a must see. Pretty rare that a film is relevant, educational and entertaining, but this film is all three. Plus it's pretty funny in places. I love Affleck's depictions of humor. They are nowhere near fart jokes. The humor is created by real humans dealing with real situations.

good to hear cuz i was seriously considering waiting till dvd for argo-based on true story movies usually bore the hell out of me- or in horror movies case its complete bullshit. Definitely seeing it now after the good response from people who know movies like yourself.my expectations are pretty high now tho...hopefully will be awesome Edited by holcs

I live in St.Louis and were killing right now at currently 6-0.. Were going to the WORLD SERIES again cause of how awesome we are.. :hi5:

I live in socal and am a huge giants fan---dont count your chickens before they hatch bkbe banned

cough 6-4 cough

Edited by holcs

I live in St.Louis and were killing right now at currently 6-0.. Were going to the WORLD SERIES again cause of how awesome we are.. :hi5:

Don't be too sure yet. Still a ways to go for 7 games. But it damn sucks that the Yankees are down 2 games and without Jeter! Damn that was a nightmare. And team can't hit for shit right now.

And the Giants.. it's only one game and it's not over...yet. 6-3 :).

make that 6-4

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 1

It really isn't that good and you know it, but this is not a thread to hijack over the subject of TDKR, better known as the weakest link in the Nolan BATMAN Trilogy making TDK look like the odd duck out and TA owning both of them.. :hijacked:

Up next, Tony Bennett singing God Bless America while The Cardinals lead 6-4..

lol, i knew u had to put in a few lines even tho u tried ur best not to. Bkb is good for this site. As for tdkr i completely disagree. I dont know it wasn't that good. In fact it was damn good. And ur lucky cards got a bad night out of madison bumgarner-every other pitcher including my man lincecum they can't crack

That's my hometown team. Only 2nd behind the yankees in world series championships.

That's my hometown team. Only 2nd behind the yankees in world series championships.

BoooooooooWell they won. Damnit. I want one of my teams to make it to the WS. And if the Yanks don't turn it around...A Giants Yankees WS would be ratings gold for Fox IMO. Edited by WileECoyote

What a down weekend especially after the Division Series. Gonna finish my wine crack open a beer and watch The Avengers. I need a pick me up.

Wilee don't get too down brother. Ill have a beer with ya but the giants series is far from over. Besides bumgarner messing up in the first few innings the G's played fine. 7 game series-plenty of games for the Giants to win. Don't stress yet
  • Like 1

Guess I spoke too soon earlier on Saturday. Sinister made it to the top on Friday and came in respectably just behind the other two.Still, nowhere near the PA4 challenger. C+ CS means it might not even make it past $50m. Great recovery from Argo, A+ clearly helping out. Not too bad a tumble for Taken 2, but couldn't care less about that boring celluloid now.

Wilee don't get too down brother. Ill have a beer with ya but the giants series is far from over. Besides bumgarner messing up in the first few innings the G's played fine. 7 game series-plenty of games for the Giants to win. Don't stress yet

Yeah, I agree it's far from over. After the Division Series with The Reds, anything can happen. Lots of upbeat fans walking around. If it goes to Game 6 I'll probably try catch it at the park. :DBTW The Giants are my adapted hometown favorites. Still a bigger Yankees fan ;) but I want this series so bad. But the way it looks, the Yanks have a much tougher road especially with Verlander coming up....But to stay on topic. Great holds. Especially for Taken 2. I guess moviegoers liked it better than the critics :lol: Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 1

Yeah, I agree it's far from over. After the Division Series with The Reds, anything can happen. Lots of upbeat fans walking around. If it goes to Game 6 I'll probably try catch it at the park. :DBTW The Giants are my adapted hometown favorites. Still a bigger Yankees fan ;) but I want this series so bad. But the way it looks, the Yanks have a much tougher road especially with Verlander coming up....But to stay on topic. Great holds. Especially for Taken 2. I guess moviegoers liked it better than the critics :lol:

Well Im a socal/oc/san diego kid my whole life so liking the giants my whole life has been a pain with all the dodgers fans and padre fans...but it's so much fun to talk trash. As for the yankees-can't stand them but I know a lot of people love em-and gotta like a guy like jeter-sucks he went down. Ill root for them for you ha. Oh and sick I've never been to the new park-was planning to a few years ago for the world series...and went to some games back in candlestick days...would've liked to see bonds crush homeruns in mccovey cove in person. As for the box office, looks great. To have 4 movies over 15 million in early october is great. Still gotta see all of them-I slacked this weekend on movie going but Ill be sure to see argo, sinister, and 7 psychopaths. Taken 2 doing the take it has is not a huge surprise but I won't be adding my money to that---that's a rental for me...first movie was good but not great imo and definitely didn't warrant a sequel but obviously people wanted to see more. Wish Dredd would've made some of the cash taken 2 did...now that's a legit action movie imo