baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

Argo will drop by about 15%. 100 is locked.

Really? It's doing that well?Wow. Didn't expect that. I've been so uninterested in it that I've not even looked at its box office once. I just skim right passed. Well, this is making me more interested not just to check it's box office, but to see it too. Is it all American, though? Like, about issues that are close to American hearts and not anyone else?

That's an astounding number for Argo. Someone was comparing it with The Town on Tuesday. The Town made 5m on its second Friday as well, but that was after making 2.5m more on its opening day. I was hoping for 4m, but wouldn't have been surprised with less. 5m is amazing.

• Like 1

That 500k swing for Argo sucks.I mean, it's a phenomenal drop, but the fink once again overestimates.What happened to RTH?And that 500k can go a long way to guaranteeing $100m, as we all know, dropping smaller faster is better than later.A+ CS is pretty much showing it's a guarantee of great legs after even the Avengers managed a 3x from $200m.

That 500k swing for Argo sucks.I mean, it's a phenomenal drop, but the fink once again overestimates.What happened to RTH?And that 500k can go a long way to guaranteeing $100m, as we all know, dropping smaller faster is better than later.A+ CS is pretty much showing it's a guarantee of great legs after even the Avengers managed a 3x from $200m.

This is why I don't even look at numbers until the studios report(or if I do, I don't take them very seriously). Been burned too many times. Instead of being disappointed Argo's "estimate" dropped, I'm jazzed that it's a full 1m higher than I predicted. ;)
  • Like 1