Sherlock Holmes

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Sherlock Holmes

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This was one of those special breed of blockbuster that is so utterly forgettable. The only real positive I came away with was the chemistry between Downey and Law. Oh yeah, and Zimmer's score. It reminded me of The Da Vinci Code in the way it completely disinterested me in ever seeing a sequel.

This is one that hasn't gotten better with subsequent viewings. However, I still enjoyed it and Zimmer's score is great (I have it on my iPod) and Downey Jr. once again turns in a unique but effective performance. All that said, I don't have high hopes for the sequel, but hopefully I'm wrong.B

I was disappointed. They should have kept it simple. Sherlock Holmes doesn't need much except for a good compelling suspenseful mystery. I felt somewhere along the line it became too convoluted storywise. Downey Jr. and Law had exceptional chemistry on screen. They made it worth the watch but it could have been much better. I felt Mark Strong was wasted. C

Edited by ECSTASY

not a bad blockbuster, but not a particularly good one either, mostly because of a preposterous and stupid plot, not to mention that every single logical 'deduction' sherlock makes is a crock of shit. but it's pretty entertaining, so whatever.

5/10

the subplot about Watson leaving Holmes was the best thing about it, just perfectly executed, those little moments makes this stands out in the blockbuster crowd. 

It looks visually great, pretty fitting score, good all-around performances and the leads have great chemistry together. Ritchie has put a lot of effort into it and he also deserves the credit. 

better than I remembered 80/100
Edited by Goffe