chasmmi

Best type of film to see at the cinema.

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which genre do you most prefer watching in the cinema?

• Action - Special Effects FTW!
    • Comedy - Nothing beats 200 people laughing together
    • Horror - Fear factor is ramped up when there's hundreds of you
    • Musical - Super singalong fun
    • Drama - They're just better
    • 3D - doesn't matter what the genre but I need to feel like I'm being poked inthe face when I watch movies
    • Period/historical - anything that is beautiful to watch
    • Other

Which genre is best enhanced by the cinema experience?There are many great films in my DVD collection that I probably would not watch in the cinema. Things like Schindler's List or Green Mile for instance.For me I like to go to the cinema for one of 3 reasons (well 3 film-based reasons at least)1) It's something like Matrix or Titanic where the SFX require cinema viewing.2) It's comedy. Any half decent comedy would trump a fantastically acclaimed drama for me as far as seeing it in the cinema.3) Horror, Who doesn't think horror is better with a shit scared audience all around you?Thoughts?

It has to be dramas, and period pieces. I voted for action as well, because they do look better on the big screen, but with 4K home projectors they're gonna be close to theatre quality at home soon too. However, I think that the disconnected environment of a theatre, and the immersive experience fits dramas, and period pieces best, because they demand the most concentration.

Action as the sets, visuals and chaos on screen jump out in IMAX.Horror because when you're with a bunch of others who are just as excited to get the crap scared out of themselves, it's so intimate.Drama because I love seeing something like Argo unfold on screen while tension builds and the audience collectively leans forward for the ending.

• Like 1

comedy easily. The atmosphere is so much better. You can watch a comedy alone and find it boring, but watch it at the cinema with hundreds of people laughing around you and it's so much more enjoyable, hence why comedy's have better multipliers.IMO action movies are great to watch but only if they have a lot of humour. Avengers was a great experience at the cinema due to the laughter from the films comic moments.And no, horrors are fucking annoying, nothing worse than little girls screaming every time the background music ups a tempo. It's far scarier watching a horror in a lonely dark house than at the cinema with a bunch of bellends.

Edited by Jessie