CloneWars

Official IMAX OW Thread

I don't follow IMAX that closely, but I know that's huge.

It's a big number, but not epic. A few films opened higher in IMAX. This was playing on 268 screens, so for it to open to $152M, I would actually say that a $10M IMAX opening is about average in this case. But, as mentioned, they also didn't do much to promote IMAX since I think the one-week engagement was sort of a last minute occurrence.

Didn't know where to put this, so here seemed right.The BFI IMAX in London, the UK's flagship one, has announced today that they're going to be adding a digital IMAX projector to use alongside it's 70mm one at the end of the next month. Is this a signal that we are really about to lose true 70mm/15pf IMAX for good in the near future? http://www.bfi.org.uk/node/183

Didn't know where to put this, so here seemed right.The BFI IMAX in London, the UK's flagship one, has announced today that they're going to be adding a digital IMAX projector to use alongside it's 70mm one at the end of the next month. Is this a signal that we are really about to lose true 70mm/15pf IMAX for good in the near future?http://www.bfi.org.uk/node/183

Well, there are no film IMAX movies scheduled after TDKR, so they gotta catch up with digital. They plan to keep 70mm projector as well. Excited to see the new silver screen.

Well, there are no film IMAX movies scheduled after TDKR, so they gotta catch up with digital. They plan to keep 70mm projector as well. Excited to see the new silver screen.

not quite Skyfall & Hobbitt for example will be offered in 70mm