The Stingray

The Avengers Vs. The Dark Knight Rises. MY breakdown.

TA Vs. TDKR.  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like more?

• The Avengers
    • The Dark Knight Rises

Please remember to vote for the top 10 comic book movies of all time below this thread!

Ey man! You actually have the audacity to plug your own thread in my thread?! That's terrible man, that's terrible. Your mother brought you up wrong, that's what it is.

Btw people, don't forget to submit your "favorite action scenes of all time" lists.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/6495-boxofficecoms-top-25-action-scenes-of-all-time-vote/

• Like 1

I'm so tired of seeing the CO Shooting being used as a scapegoat for why TDKR did the numbers it did when in fact, it's 2nd weekend alone on saturday grossed 25.1M indicating the shooting didn't have that big of an effect.. As a matter of fact, that number indicates to me that a large majority of moviegoers went back to the movie that weekend.. It boils down to the fact that TDKR just wasn't that good and it wasn't when compared to the better crowd pleaser in TA or even TDK..

it lost family audience in the long run. Also that second weekend saturday you like to bring up all the time was due to people sitting in on Friday to view the olympics opening ceremony. So ofcourse you would see a slight increase the next day. The max the shooting cost TDKR was $50mil or so. It would have gotten a 180mil OW and ended at 500mill or so. All this mention of challenging avatar and avengers etc is just absurd.
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

Why is ambition a factor? Who cares how ambitious the film was? Oh, sure, that's something you should take into consideration when your trying to grade a movie but not in the way this thread is. If a movie is ambitious, how well did the movie live up to it's expectations? In other words, did the filmmakers match their ambition? Did they make the movie they wanted to make?

It seems to me most people were like "Well the Dark Knight Rises (or The Avengers) was more ambitious so points there." Honestly, that doesn't matter. The other movie might have been less ambitious but it might have met it's goals better. That can matter. To give credit to the Dark Knight Rises or The Avengers for being more ambitious speaks nothing to their actual quality nor does it really make one better than the other.

You can still have an amazing movie without being really ambitious.

• Like 1