The Stingray

The Avengers Vs. The Dark Knight Rises. MY breakdown.

TA Vs. TDKR.  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like more?

• The Avengers
    • The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah?? Well I'm laughing at these numerous review sites and the numbers don't lie.. TA Fucking destroyed TDKR and while were at it, TDK as well and it's a hard pill for the Nolan suckups to come to terms with, even after almost 2 years now including YOU..

Posted Image

Goodfellas is better than both
  • Like 2

Why is ambition a factor? Who cares how ambitious the film was? Oh, sure, that's something you should take into consideration when your trying to grade a movie but not in the way this thread is. If a movie is ambitious, how well did the movie live up to it's expectations? In other words, did the filmmakers match their ambition? Did they make the movie they wanted to make?

It seems to me most people were like "Well the Dark Knight Rises (or The Avengers) was more ambitious so points there." Honestly, that doesn't matter. The other movie might have been less ambitious but it might have met it's goals better. That can matter. To give credit to the Dark Knight Rises or The Avengers for being more ambitious speaks nothing to their actual quality nor does it really make one better than the other.

You can still have an amazing movie without being really ambitious.

If a movie is not ambitious then it is safe, and while safe movies can be entertaining enough while watching them, they are never going to be rememberable.

• Like 2

Yeah?? Well I'm laughing at these numerous review sites and the numbers don't lie.. TA Fucking destroyed TDKR and while were at it, TDK as well and it's a hard pill for the Nolan suckups to come to terms with, even after almost 2 years now including YOU..

Posted Image

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

• Like 3

The Avengers does deserve a lot of credit though. So many films have failed critically when they try to handle so many characters. The Avengers is one of the few to have gotten it right and it had a lot at stake. If that's not ambitious then what is?

Edited by Jessie

If anything TDKR will get more appreciated over time, 

I'd say the opposite. TDKR was pretty much universally loved immediately after its release, but it's since gained a much larger hatedom. I can easily imagine that hatedom growing even bigger over time. 

Amazing how Nolan managed to create the most memorable female character of 2012 with Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, not to mention wiped away the stain left by Burton's botched attempt.

I thought the catwoman character existed long time ago.