A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

good holds but next friday another big local film seem to open and will probably take away most of the screens. Can it still get to 300m yuan?

Not even close IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree. it will probably gross around 50m during weekdays and then struggle to gross more than another 50m from next friday.

Something like that yeah. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

good holds but next friday another big local film seem to open and will probably take away most of the screens. Can it still get to 300m yuan?

how is that next-friday big local films pre-sales performance? 

3 hours ago, ahadm8888 said:

hi Again

what skiptrace rank in boxoffice ?

number one ? 

Have you seen the film?

Beautiful ?

imdb rank has 7.1 from 170 vote 

The film grossed RMB 408M ($61M) over its first four days.

It is the #1 film at the BO this weekend.

Skiptrace has received mixed-to-negative reviews in China.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

@Olive is this true? Is the marketing that huge for it in China?

DHD:  With China coming on August 23 for Ice Age, Fox has about $57M in paid media from partners there alone for a huge promotional campaign.

No.

• Like 1

It's funny but the movies coming out on Aug. 5th already have higher presales than the Jet Li movie coming out on Friday. It has huge names too.. Fan Bingbing, Angelababy, Huang Xiaoming and countless others. Would be pretty embarrassing if it flopped.

5 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

It's funny but the movies coming out on Aug. 5th already have higher presales than the Jet Li movie coming out on Friday. It has huge names too.. Fan Bingbing, Angelababy, Huang Xiaoming and countless others. Would be pretty embarrassing if it flopped.

i love jet li 

33 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

Looks like it will. The production even expects 200M OD. That's ridiculous! That way of marketing really annoys me. After the trailer comes out, it seems like 200M OW instead. Some i-ent media even named it "Chinese X-MEN". China CGI still has a long way to reach that level. The Monkey King 2's CGI is great though. League of Gods may depend on its big name cast rather than the quality imo. 

12 hours ago, Ravi said:

Olive, When suicide squad release in china? How is word of mouth of indian movie bahubali?

No release date has been set yet.

WOM is Decent for the Indian movie .

14 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

Looks like it will. The production even expects 200M OD. That's ridiculous! That way of marketing really annoys me. After the trailer comes out, it seems like 200M OW instead. Some i-ent media even named it "Chinese X-MEN". China CGI still has a long way to reach that level. The Monkey King 2's CGI is great though. League of Gods may depend on its big name cast rather than the quality imo. 

Looked far more impressive than Monkey King 2.