A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top Single Day Box Office in Single Territory<br><br>1. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DetectiveChinatown3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DetectiveChinatown3</a> - $143M 🇨🇳 FRI ($156M with SC)<br>2. Avengers: Endgame - $103M 🇨🇳 WED ($108M with SC)<br>3. Avengers: Endgame - $107M 🇺🇸 SAT<br>4. Avengers: Endgame - $97M 🇺🇸FRI<br>5. Avengers: Endgame - $90M🇺🇸 SUN<br><br>SC = Service Charge</p>&mdash; andolanjeevi jat (@meJat32) <a href="https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1360475090312257538?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Looks like TFA is off the menu.

Guess there is poor word of mouth judging by the likely internal multiplier, I’m guessing unlikely to do $400m USD now as well.

Yeah $400M is done for. In fact I am pretty confident of it missing Endgame $357M record without adding those service charges.

• Like 1

So the Avengers Endgame and TFA records are safe ? I'm a little disappointed.

Yesterday we were talking about an OW at $507M and now it may not even reach $350M. Maybe the movie sucks and that's it.

I also wanted to see the $1Bn but it will not be for this year apparently.

What are the services charges ?

3 minutes ago, LPLC said:

So the Avengers Endgame and TFA records are safe ? I'm a little disappointed.

Yesterday we were talking about an OW at $507M and now it may not even reach $350M. Maybe the movie sucks and that's it.

I also wanted to see the $1Bn but it will not be for this year apparently.

What are the services charges ?

Still more likely than not to beat Endgames OW but very unlikely to catch TFA or become a $1B film. 

Over 700m yuan for the day at just after 6pm.

Would guess it gets to around 730-740m from here judging by how it did last night.

edit: rapidly closing in 710m if it keep this pace up for a bit should get to 750m+

Edited by Jamiem

14 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Over 700m yuan for the day at just after 6pm.

Would guess it gets to around 730-740m from here judging by how it did last night.

edit: rapidly closing in 710m if it keep this pace up for a bit should get to 750m+

Yeah seems like noon it was frozen. Official app is also at 655M currently, so probably nothing like yesterday will happen. 725-750 seems like it.

• Like 1