A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Expected with less than 10% of showtimes.

Looking to do 6.5-7m today. Should do 30-35m for the weekend ($5M).

Although hoping that it picks up in the evening and does close to 8m.

Edited by Fake

13 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I would have saved either that Thanos shot or the Captain Marvel one for the final 2.4 poster though.      

Each incremental 100M Yuan is getting more and more difficult to attain. They probably thought 22 was the last thus the poster related to end credit scene.Then 2300M happened and they backed tracked abit to the last scene of the movie proper.  It will be interesting to see what they put out for 24.

1 hour ago, Fake said:

Last friday it had 13%, today it has 9%. So the competition really took some people this time. I know friday was a holiday.

But sat had 14.3% show times, and this sat has 10%.

19 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Adding to what I wrote above, 

Black Water is at 4.5 at Douban &

Toilet:Ek Prem Katha is at 7.3

Btw that Indian movie title translates into “Toilet:A Love Story”. No, the movie is not about a persons love affair with a toilet nor is it a documentary about a person with a scat fetish. It is a satirical comedy tackling a social issue of open defecation prevalent in most parts of the country and how difficult it is, especially for women as well as the problems faced in adressing and solving this issue. 

Yeah it is one of those social movies that has had a big impact in india. 

8 hours ago, Fake said:

More than 8M

18 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

More than 8M

Nice rebound for IW, don't have the hourly run rate. Had an exam today so wasn't able to look from 5pm till now :( I do have the data for 3 and 4 pm.

Friday Est - June 8th,2018
Black Water 17.6M/17.86M OD

Toilet Hero 15.3M OD

Happiness Is Coming 14.6M OD

How Long Will I Love U 12M/783.6M, -15% 
Infinity War 8.6M/2315m, +8% 
Doraemon the Movie 2018: 2.94M/178M, -24%
A Quite Place 0.77M/213.2M, -65%
Perfetti sconosciuti 0.7M/46.9M  -61%
Ranger Solo 0.5M/103M, -66%
Rampage 0.52M/999.56M  -43%

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Proxima Olive said:

Toilet Hero 15.3M OD

Ouch that IW number hurts

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

I don't get it, it's the only movie to have an increase in the top 10 how is that disappointing?

1 hour ago, Proxima Olive said:

It's the only holdover increased from Thursday.

Fair enough, I hadn't noticed that but in absolute terms, it is quite low and it's behind POTUS's prediction for 13M, even when adjusted downwards to compensate for Thursday's 8M gross rather than his prediction for 9.5M. 8x13/9.5=10.9M. How much do you think it will rebound tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Quigley said:

Fair enough, I hadn't noticed that but in absolute terms, it is quite low and it's behind POTUS's prediction for 13M, even when adjusted downwards to compensate for Thursday's 8M gross rather than his prediction for 9.5M. 8x13/9.5=10.9M. How much do you think it will rebound tomorrow?

I would say it will double I woudn't be suprised to see 16m + the loss of showtimes might have hurt it. I don't want to get hopes up and I might be wrong but I think 18m is doable. But don't take this as a sure thing.

4 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

Rampage is more than Solo on Friday😑

Day 57 vs 15 and Rampage has half the shows

3 hours ago, Quigley said:

I didnt think they'd give the new releases 60% of shows with just 47m total BO. I thought 45m was incoming. I thought IW would have at least 12% of shows.

It should double on Saturday. Also the bumps are off this weekend with colleges finishing up

$375-380m looking to be the final.  Next weekend also tough to predict precisely with JW opening and DBF

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Day 57 vs 15 and Rampage has half the shows

I didnt think they'd give the new releases 60% of shows with just 47m total BO. I thought 45m was incoming. I thought IW would have at least 12% of shows.

It should double on Saturday. Also the bumps are off this weekend with colleges finishing up

$375-380m looking to be the final.  Next weekend also tough to predict precisely with JW opening and DBF

Yeah JW will eat IW screens, the biggest problem for IW is keeping the screens. But if 45m Friday takes 60% well 300m friday will surely make it drop to very small numbers. 

8 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Toilet Hero 15.3M OD

Doraemon the Movie 2018: 2.94M/178M, -24%
A Quite Place 0.77M/213.2M, -65%
Perfetti sconosciuti 0.7M/46.9M  -61%
Ranger Solo 0.5M/103M, -66%
Rampage 0.52M/999.56M  -43%

That Solo number, so even with an good increase tomorrow and being flat on Sunday this movie will have like a 3M weekend so ~$470k puuh, that is awful, interested in how bad Solo's drop will be WW this weekend...