A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

No it didnt. TFA made $835mn in US while Wolf Warrior made $800mn Approx (without Ticket booking charges).

any guesses about sunday us ? personally i think that even if it misses 160 ow by a little the actuals could push it at 160 unless of course saturday is lower

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

Thats like saying only Net amount should be considered as box office revenue, not gross.

Eh, Fandango booking charge certainly isn’t counted toward US BO. I don’t think it happens in any big markets aside from China.

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

opinion are opinion and  idont disagree with them i am just saying you cant judge the receptions from some forums and neither can i,also china will still hit a pretty good number foir superhero movie it collapses yes but we have see that before when your reception about 8 is mixed there but for the rest of the world is good very good then its very hard to please the most superhero movies are frontloaded and have mixed reaction there is not a suprised but i agree lets wait and see

I am not saying that CM will do bad numbers. It will make over $1b (unless something strange happens).

My initial reaction was because it seems China only likes bad films. And that is not true. And the fact that CM will have bad legs there it is not because China has a bad taste with films (something that has been said here several times), but maybe because CM is not as liked as some people here asume. I insist, I have not seen the film.

And I am not a hater, if some people are thinking it. I love some MCU films, being the first Guardians my favourite.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LexJoker said:

Thats like saying only Net amount should be considered as box office revenue, not gross.

Naa, that's like saying, compare GROSS with GROSS.

Making apples for apples, add around 6% of Ticket booking charges in TFA's $835mn as well.

Who knows, in future Parking Charges are added as well. Popcorns?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think since, it all started with my comment. What I meant was that MCU films relatively underperform in China compared to the rest of world, barring Ant-Man.

i wouldnt say that most superhero movis hit these number barring venom and aquaman,iw 

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think since, it all started with my comment. What I meant was that MCU films relatively underperform in China compared to the rest of world, barring Ant-Man.

Well, you were talking about tastes and you listed some bad considered films which were huge successes in China. And I listed some other good considered films which made huge business there. That is an old discussion which, IMHO, is unfair with Chinese market. People consume shit everywhere, not just in China. If you did not want to say that, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, Marvel has always made the same numbers since 2013 for EVERY solo SH film: 600-800 million Yuan. Ant-Man 2 jumped a little. Then, we have had Venom and Aquaman, which have made superb numbers. The fact is that CM opening is QUITE BIGGER than any other Marvel film, and it will make much more than than any other previous solo MCU film.

Another debate is that if some people had asumed that every SH film should make 250-300 million to not be considered a disappointment in China. Maybe it is just that people have loved both Venom and Aquaman, and not so much Captain Marvel.

5 minutes ago, peludo said:

Well, you were talking about tastes and you listed some bad considered films which were huge successes in China. And I listed some other good considered films which made huge business there. That is an old discussion which, IMHO, is unfair with Chinese market. People consume shit everywhere, not just in China. If you did not want to say that, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, Marvel has always made the same numbers since 2013 for EVERY solo SH film: 600-800 million Yuan. Ant-Man 2 jumped a little. Then, we have had Venom and Aquaman, which have made superb numbers. The fact is that CM opening is QUITE BIGGER than any other Marvel film, and it will make much more than than any other previous solo MCU film.

Another debate is that if some people had asumed that every SH film should make 250-300 million to not be considered a disappointment in China. Maybe it is just that people have loved both Venom and Aquaman, and not so much Captain Marvel.

any guess why superhero got bigger from 2018 until now i mean before i would have said that spiderman far from home would hit 120-130 and it maybe still hit that but now i wouldnt be suprised with a 150-160

Edited by john2000