A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Why though? What do they have against Phase IV?

With all due respect to Isaac but I don’t buy it. It doesn’t make sense, not with Avatar getting a release and potentially Wakanda Forever. I think it’s obvious by now that this was about China’s 0 COVID policy that was now abandoned, not a Marvel boycott, that seems incredibly silly.

40 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

China’s 0 COVID policy that was now abandoned, not a Marvel boycott, that seems incredibly silly.

. They abandoned Zero CoVid Policy not Film regulations practices.

Doesn't mean that they will release anything without checking. WF have LGBT issues 

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Eh. Get yourself a life. They abandoned Zero CoVid Policy not Film regulations practices.

Doesn't mean that they will release anything without checking. WF have LGBT issues 

Was that really necessary? Clearly English isn’t your first language - it isn’t mine either but that’s beyond the point - but gratuitous attacks are not only rude, but make you look childish. Chill.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Eh. Get yourself a life. They abandoned Zero CoVid Policy not Film regulations practices.

There's no kiss though. Also it's only for few seconds so if you don't concentrate you might even miss it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

but gratuitous attacks are not only rude, but make you look childish. Chill.

Technically, I wasn't rude but you just equivalent no Zero CoVid Policy = Marvel Film release which doesn't even make sense.

Board will still approved film based on their rules and regulations. There's no pass by solution to skip censorship.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

There's no kiss though. Also it's only for few seconds so if you don't concentrate you might even miss it

If regulations were eased a bit. Things could have been better but it depends totally on studio if they really want to go through a alternative ending or just let China out of their release calendar. Well, Monster Hunter still rage fires among the nationalist 

44 minutes ago, GipJo said:

News of 21.12

Post Truth withdrew from release.

Avatar 2 Douban score: 8.1 (-0.2)

Wednesday actual: 4m (-9%)

TWE2 should move, if HK and SK is any guide, the Covid wave will at its worst coming this spring festival. Avatar 2 flopped in China but at least there are so many major overseas market to cover its cost but TWE2 only have China. Not even HK and Taiwan show big interest over TWE last time. 

• Like 2

Opportunistic chinese movie giant CEO posturing i guess. Maybe there is some truth in there but that would only mean that without Covid Avatar 2 would have done 450m instead of 600m or something. Trying to exaggerate the secondary reasons for the underperformance while the by far primary is staring you in the face is lame

Just so people understand what China is currently dealing with and why the sentiment amongst a large % of the population will be to just avoid large gatherings in general. 

China Is Likely Seeing 1 Million Covid Cases, 5,000 Deaths a Day

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-22/china-is-likely-seeing-1-million-covid-cases-5-000-deaths-a-day#xj4y7vzkg

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

Just so people understand what China is currently dealing with and why the sentiment amongst a large % of the population will be to just avoid large gatherings in general. 

China Is Likely Seeing 1 Million Covid Cases, 5,000 Deaths a Day

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-22/china-is-likely-seeing-1-million-covid-cases-5-000-deaths-a-day#xj4y7vzkg

Holy shit.

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The Wandering Earth probably move right now.

I saw some sign,but I can’t be 100% sure

so theyre cancelling CNY events?