A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Arrrghhh she does not spoke against white males, she spoke for inclusion.

She asks for adding more. What it was about (don't forget, its an ongoing discussion, it was an addition to things already said, and got later more added as well) was ~ we already know what the 40y-old white dude has to say (as they are always there and review anyway), she wants to know in especial this case what did not work for the ppl the movie was made for. And in general, for the 'normal' movies, she want to know what an inclusive mix of critics has to say.

An example: someone makes a movie about teachers.

Some of the teachers happen to be also critics, or are critics who had worked earlier as teachers. She want to know from those teacher-critcs what did not work for them.

Is that really that difficult to understand?

Btw, in the US they took her words at heart, in the UK/IRL premiere the female and the PoC/other non-whites critics got - again - too often a 'sorry its full' beside 1. some of the accepted critics applied later or 2. viewed it a 2nd time already.

Well her first comments were a bit clumsy (I got her point but she didn't say it in the best way) but afterwards she made clear what she tried to say, and explained it further so people couldn’t misunderstand. But people are very sensitive about this atm, I hope things calm down in the next few years because I have the feeling it only getting more heated.

• Like 3

I think we just have to accept that it's not because of poor wording or misunderstanding, for some people (white men mostly), inclusion of others means less for them, which is obviously inevitable and they probably know it but they hate that someone is actually saying it out loud.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I'm not sure how western think about Brie Larson's appearance, most Chinese on Internet don't appreciate her outside. Chinese male like hot, sexy women more. Hailee Steinfeld is one of the reason I didn't expect Bumblebee would do huge in here. People in here love woman like Megan Fox & Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and a story focus on young girl can easily make boys feel bored. 

I guess that that is sadly not only the case for china, I guess it's kinda similar in most countries.

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

She made some stupid comments against men which led to this, i never intended to watch CM anyways cause its not my taste but this really made me cringe.

Reveal hidden contents

And she is speaking for inclusion, at least that's what I get from her speech. People should have the same chance to do what they want to do no matter what. A question, why do you think those comments were stupid? Yeah, maybe they weren't worded perfectly, but that doesn't change what she wanted to express.

Also everyone might sound cringy from time to time, no need to overreact to something like that.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Wotad said:

She made some stupid comments against men which led to this, i never intended to watch CM anyways cause its not my taste but this really made me cringe.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I am seeing this for the first time. I can understand the point she is making, but the way she talks in this video is slightly cringy lol.

1 hour ago, LexJoker said:

Hide contents

I am seeing this for the first time. I can understand the point she is making, but the way she talks in this video is slightly cringy lol.

Its all BS.  Most industries do no not have equal representation. 

More men prefer engineering where asians are over represented

More women prefer marketing

More blacks play basketball

More whites play hockey

and more men review movies, so what.  I bet you this forum is 75% males and some shopping forum is mostly women

different strokes for different folks.

none of these people push for equality in the shit jobs and where people die lot.  93% of work deaths are male.

no one "intersectional" lining up up for mining, steel mills, power line maintenance, sanitation and sewers

I call it "the liver or lobster syndrome".  Being double the size, I ate twice as much as my sister including being forced to eat twice as much liver(which I hated) but there was equality when we had lobster once a year.

To stay on topic

PS will fall in the low to mid 70s.  The PSm could be below 3 because of WD or WoM and just reach 200m or it could be mid 200's.  Too many wild cards on this one to pin point.  We'll have to see the rating early in the morning and then the noon run rate to project out to the 230-3pm midpoint.

$80m ?

$110m+? 

I'll go with $95m OW

Low or high its impressive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Its all BS.  Most industries do no not have equal representation. 

More men prefer engineering where asians are over represented

More women prefer marketing

More blacks play basketball

More whites play hockey

and more men review movies, so what.  I bet you this forum is 75% males and some shopping forum is mostly women

different strokes for different folks.

none of these people push for equality in the shit jobs and where people die lot.  93% of work deaths are male.

no one "intersectional" lining up up for mining, steel mills, power line maintenance, sanitation and sewers

I call it "the liver or lobster syndrome".  Being double the size, I ate twice as much as my sister including being forced to eat twice as much liver(which I hated) but there was equality when we had lobster once a year.

To stay on topic

PS will fall in the low to mid 70s.  The PSm could be below 3 because of WD or WoM and just reach 200m or it could be mid 200's.  Too many wild cards on this one to pin point.  We'll have to see the rating early in the morning and then the noon run rate to project out to the 230-3pm midpoint.

$80m ?

$110m+? 

I'll go with $95m OW

Low or high its impressive

I will go with 2.40pm tomorrow as midpoint but i would be surprised if PSm drops below 3. I know women maybe plan ahead a bit more and want to be on the safe side, but on a regular friday i would have said 3,5-3,75

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

I will go with 2.40pm tomorrow as midpoint but i would be surprised if PSm drops below 3. I know women maybe plan ahead a bit more and want to be on the safe side, but on a regular friday i would have said 3,5-3,75

Women plan ahead more? That's generalizing, unequal, insulting to intersectionalismphobia and plain old sexist dammit!

TRUMP2020

and

Macron out

Trudeau out

Merkel out

As far as equality goes

My favorite meme

defense-minister.jpg

I would put my money on the battle hardened blood and guts Russian

To stay on topic.  240pm midpoint sounds good to me

BP PSm was less than 3. Just beware

The German said not cool on the last post, no kidding.  I expect another lol

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 5

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Gavin says that CM has become the highest pre-sale super hero movie outside of Infinity War, with several hours left to go. Any chance this beats Venom in USD OW? 

Going optimistic, yes

If the PSm is 3.5 or higher, then:  

OD 250m+ 

Sat 300m    just a 20% bump due to WD  Women's Day? I thought there were no genders

Sun 225m  

Tot 790m/$117m inc MN at 6.71Y to the dollar

@terrestrial congrats on destroying your country for a third time in 100 years and helping France do the same...again. @Felipe why are you sad? You have Bolsonaro. The Brazilian Trump saving your country from sjw ruin. 

LGBT

Very funny.  B is for bisexual but we are supposedly non binary and gender fluid(trans). contradictory 

29 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Just what I need, nothing more lovely than politics when tracking the boxoffice :sparta:

French Soft White Cheese Larson started this conversation and we're tracking her/his/zee's film.

1280px-Brie_01.jpg

The cheese is delicious, but she is bland according to Chinese critics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

China Box Office: Captain Marvel earns $2.46M / ¥16.5M from midnights. It's 4th best performance for superhero films, only behind Infinity War($9.4M), Ultron($4.79M) & Civil War($2.62M).

Going by increasingly front-loaded nature of the market does that mean that CW's ow of 635 (am guessing) is beyond reach?