A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

27 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

F7 already at 238m and motoring on maoyan. Should hit 500m. I hope it can hit 540m so that it hits 1B by end of saturday. I am sure studio will estimate something crazy like that.

480M sets the new record from JW's opening Saturday with the pace currently, 545-550M is my projection for F8.

• Like 1

Maoyan has 384.6m for yesterday. 

Running at 25m per hour at 275m at 1330.  Not sure if it'll increase or even hold during evening shows. 

500m+ looks probable, 30%+ bump

At least 1300m weekend. $189m

It will need to bump 40%(88 per show) to 538m to hit $200m

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cookson said:

So Kong looks to be done. Lol

It had literally 3 full weeks of weak competition and QingMing holidays. Best release date so far. 

In China, release date is more important than WOM imo. Kong got lucky. Really lucky.

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think still there are few more theaters to report. The estimates wont be that far off. As of now there are only 153k shows reports. i think show count did cross 160K.

7450 theaters reported, 800+ yet to come, but those are all small theaters.

456m at 10 pm. Looks like it's going to have a sub 20% bump and likely fail to match Jurassic World's Saturday record ($69.6m). I always believed that 30%+ bump after such a massive Friday was unreleastic. However I didn't think it would match FF7's Sunday opening and yet it easily topped it so this is definitely a very impressive number to me. A lot of people generally say that Chinese don't care about movies starring black actors. This seems to contradict that lol (or maybe it's just an exception).

So ultimately its going to open somewhere between $180m and $185m. Only The Last Jedi Domestic opening is going to be bigger than it this year I think.

14 minutes ago, Agafin said:

456m at 10 pm. Looks like it's going to have a sub 20% bump and likely fail to match Jurassic World's Saturday record ($69.6m). I always believed that 30%+ bump after such a massive Friday was unreleastic. However I didn't think it would match FF7's Sunday opening and yet it easily topped it so this is definitely a very impressive number to me. A lot of people generally say that Chinese don't care about movies starring black actors. This seems to contradict that lol (or maybe it's just an exception).

So ultimately its going to open somewhere between $180m and $185m. Only The Last Jedi Domestic opening is going to be bigger than it this year I think.

Maoyan number will continue to go up. 480M should happen.

SAT estimates

before service charges
Fate of the Furious  -  461m / 886.2m (new single day record)
A Chinese Odyssey Part Two  -  32.5m / 71.4m
Ghost in the Shell  -  1.63m / 182.9m
Kong: Skull Island  -  1.57m / 1,089m

after service charges
Fate of the Furious  -  490m / 942.8m (new single day record)
A Chinese Odyssey Part Two  -  35.5m / 77.9m
Ghost in the Shell  -  1.75m / 194.3m
Kong: Skull Island  -  1.65m / 1,153m

• Like 4

On 4/14/2017 at 8:54 AM, Gavin Feng said:

FRI estimates

before service charges
Fate of the Furious  -  385.4m / 441m (new OD record)

6 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

SAT estimates

before service charges
Fate of the Furious  -  461m / 886.2m (new single day record)

If the Saturday total includes a revised opening day number that would mean OD was 425, and 441 was just the estimate.  Is that the actual number before service charge?