A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

I heard that US sanctioned China again on human rights as Firstpost reports. More bad days are coming for future Hollywood movies that are planned to release in China. While, this is not the first time, because US has also boycott 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. I think US should withdraw those allegations &sanction immediately before diplomatic ties get more severe, affecting the Hollywood biggest Overseas market...

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I heard that US sanctioned China again on human rights as Firstpost reports. More bad days are coming for future Hollywood movies that are planned to release in China. While, this is not the first time, because US has also boycott 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. I think US should withdraw those allegations &sanction immediately before diplomatic ties get more severe, affecting the Hollywood biggest Overseas market...

Why would they remove sanctions for the sake of movies? International box office has thrived without China and will do again

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Why would they remove sanctions for the sake of movies? International box office has thrived without China and will do again

If so, then we will no longer be seeing anything above $2000M for a while until Avatar 2. Verdict are dependent on US but this things isn't going well in favour of Hollywood. If this thing continue then Chinese fans will no longer see their favourite Hollywood movies. At least, I could say that it's not fair that there is an any effort from US to escalate their matter. Because, at the end, Chinese fan and it's Distributor are at lost, not the Govt. Of US.

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

If so, then we will no longer be seeing anything above $2000M for a while until Avatar 2. Verdict are dependent on US but this things isn't going well in favour of Hollywood. If this thing continue then Chinese fans will no longer see their favourite Hollywood movies. At least, I could say that it's not fair that there is an any effort from US to escalate their matter. Because, at the end, Chinese fan and it's Distributor are at lost, not the Govt. Of US.

That's a drop in the ocean compared to whats ACTUALLY at stake with these sanctions, don't have tunnel vision about this stuff. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's a drop in the ocean compared to whats ACTUALLY at stake with these sanctions, don't have tunnel vision about this stuff. 

Actually, I have misbelief in what people says about violations of Human rights in China. I have visited China many times and it's just a part of my work, while never experience/see what Intern. Media are reporting. So I can say that there is an agenda, pushing a certain POV in articles. Well, not my issue, but false alerts should be stop. That's all. Because this will not do any good to US. Sorry incase if anyone is offended.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Actually, I have misbelief in what people says about violations of Human rights in China. I have visited China many times and it's just a part of my work, while never experience/see what Intern. Media are reporting. So I can say that there is an agenda, pushing a certain POV in articles. Well, not my issue, but false alerts should be stop. That's all. Because this will not do any good to US. Sorry incase if anyone is offended.

Oh for fucks sake, it's not just human rights and that wasn't at all what I was on about. You know what, I can't be arsed to argue, you're very blind evidently to what's going on so I'm going to get the fuck out of here. 

• Like 3

Firefiles in the Sun broke ¥200M today with ¥100M Sat (Still counting) I expect this work to pass ¥300M+ by end of Sun. And a possibility of breaking ¥1000M with Strong WeekDays. I Am What I Am add ¥18M so far, for a cumulative total of ¥43M. Looks more like a OW of ¥80M. While cumulative total of The Battle At Lake Changin reached ¥5763M

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Oh for fucks sake, it's not just human rights and that wasn't at all what I was on about. You know what, I can't be arsed to argue, you're very blind evidently to what's going on so I'm going to get the fuck out of here. 

??? I not longer understand what you want to say. I will just decline to add any comments on politics anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

??? I not longer understand what you want to say. I will just decline to add any comments on politics anymore. 

Naive to think that the US would be displaced as No. 1 economically without a fight. 

I mean they launched economic warfare on Japan, in the 1990s, too. 

A country who it military occupies and is the biggest ally in region.  

They'd probably do it to India or Nigeria as well, if they were in China's position. 

It's not personal. It's just a dog eat dog world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The GOAT said:

Naive to think that the US would be displaced as No. 1 economically without a fight. 

I mean they launched economic warfare on Japan, in the 1990s, too. 

A country who it military occupies and is the biggest ally in region.  

They'd probably do it to India or Nigeria as well, if they were in China's position. 

It's not personal. It's just a dog eat dog world. 

Thanks for your clarification, I just got in confusion when the above user used *redacted* comments which is much like a personal attack. 

• Like 2

Saturday Estimates (12/18)

1.🇨🇳 Fireflies in the Sun : ¥145M /¥234M (2-days /OW)

2.🇨🇳 I Am What I Am : ¥23M /¥48M (2-days /OW)

3.🇨🇳 Schemes In Antiques : ¥11M /¥389M (16D)

4.🇨🇳 Crossing The Yalu River : ¥7.5M /¥13M (2-days /OW)

5.🇨🇳 Be Somebody : ¥6M /¥885M (38D)

Fireflies in the Sun had an amazing 2nd Day with an massive ¥145M (est.) However, WOM seems to be in problem with 6.0. May try a OW of ¥350M but WOM likely is expected to harden film's road to ¥1000M

I Am What I Am is stable with ¥23M, while cumulative passing ¥48M, which is currently projecting an WKend of ¥60M.

Schemes in Antiques isn't reducing & cumulative is soon expected to pass ¥500M benchmark. Be Somebody is already on it's way to ¥1000M, had been at an stable rank of 5th.

The Battle At Lake Changjin's Cumulative Total has passed ¥5763M while global total has reached an amazing $911M in 80 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Saturday Estimates (12/18)

1.🇨🇳 Fireflies in the Sun : ¥145M /¥234M (2-days /OW)

2.🇨🇳 I Am What I Am : ¥23M /¥48M (2-days /OW)

3.🇨🇳 Schemes In Antiques : ¥11M /¥389M (16D)

4.🇨🇳 Crossing The Yalu River : ¥7.5M /¥13M (2-days /OW)

5.🇨🇳 Be Somebody : ¥6M /¥885M (38D)

Fireflies in the Sun had an amazing 2nd Day with an massive ¥145M (est.) However, WOM seems to be in problem with 6.0. May try a OW of ¥350M but WOM likely is expected to harden film's road to ¥1000M

I Am What I Am is stable with ¥23M, while cumulative passing ¥48M, which is currently projecting an WKend of ¥60M.

Schemes in Antiques isn't reducing & cumulative is soon expected to pass ¥500M benchmark. Be Somebody is already on it's way to ¥1000M, had been at an stable rank of 5th.

The Battle At Lake Changjin's Cumulative Total has passed ¥5763M while global total has reached an amazing $911M in 80 days.

¥5780M possible or ¥5770M maximum ?

Sunday Estimates (12/19)

1.🇨🇳 Fireflies in the Sun : ¥110M /¥356M (3-days /OW)

2.🇨🇳 I Am What I Am : ¥19M /¥66M (3-days /OW)

3.🇨🇳 Schemes In Antiques : ¥8M /¥395M (17D)

4.🇨🇳 Crossing The Yalu River : ¥7M /¥20M (3-days /OW)

5.🇨🇳 Be Somebody : ¥6M /¥890M (39D)

Fireflies in the Sun had an decent drop 3rd Day with an massive ¥110M (est.) Rooting a total of ¥356M OW, which came higher than my expected OW of ¥350M (min.). Will try to break ¥500M in Week 1, while finals are expected to pass ¥1000M

I Am What I Am is stable with ¥19M, while cumulative passing ¥60M with a total of ¥66M. Schemes in Antiques is strongly approaching ¥400M on Monday/Tuesday &cumulative is soon expected to pass ¥500M benchmark. Be Somebody is already on it's way to ¥1000M, had been at an stable rank of 5th, will try to break ¥900M on Monday/Tuesday

The Battle At Lake Changjin, Cumulative Total has passed ¥5764.5M while global total has been already above $911M+. All the TOP 10, are Chinese Films, marking it's dominace at local market.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xieh tie said:

Indian movies were unofficially banned due to border issues so its good to see indications that things might be returning back to normal in this case. 

As for Hollywood movies, they too will return despite the olympics issue like how China allowed South Korean and Japanese movies despite having banned them in the past. How long this will take is unknown but it will happen I think.