A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

21 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I don't see any propaganda in any Marvel films.

I do not see TBALC as Chinese propaganda. It's just a reference to 1950 Korean War, where US got defeated by volunteers of PLA.... I do not see Wolf Warrior 2 as Chinese propaganda, but understand what extend can Chinese Army go to save their country men.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

One thing, I do not understand why a political party "CCP" is blamed when a Marvel film isn't releasing in Mainland China. I believe many will get mad if Hollywood films follow Japanese way of entering Chinese Market (3 years after Japanese Premerie), but still Chinese fans and audience show love to our works even if it has made a way less money in Japan.

I believe that a delay release does not meant less money unless the work is appealing to audience.

For example:

My Neighbor Toroto was release in China in 2018 while it's japanese premerie was back in 1980s but still has make $41M. Another example, Spirited Away, who took all-time highest grossing film in Japan from Titanic back in 2001, has heavily pirated through out China, but the work is the second highest grossing Japanese film in Mainland China with a gross of $71M in 2019. 

Hide contents

I know some people are frustated over delayed release but there must be patience. Do not just simply blame without a good reason. CFA is completely an independant board. What I know is that It's a two months process for a release date within three months and nine months process for same day release as of home country. TMS studio went for 9 months process for Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet for same day release in China as of Japan, providing one of the biggest non-Demon Slayer OW ($40M)

Why doesn't China follow open market policy like other countries with regards to movies? 

All these problems/blame game wouldn't crop up if there was open market without any restrictions or moderate restrictions!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Why doesn't China follow open market policy like other countries with regards to movies? 

All these problems/blame game wouldn't crop up if there was open market without any restrictions or moderate restrictions!

China do not have ratings like "R" , "R-16", "R-18" or "PG-12". The film released in China can be seen by anyone irrespective of their age, education or gender. What more does a country can do after they already follow equality in seeing content through out the region. It's policy already at it's best. That's why China is different from others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

China do not have ratings like "R" , "R-16", "R-18" or "PG-12". The film released in China can be seen by anyone irrespective of their age, education or gender. What more does a country can do after they already follow equality in seeing content through out the region. It's policy already at it's best. That's why China is different from others.

I don't know a country which stops people from watching a movie because of Education and Gender.  Though, I would not like my 10 year old Niece watching an adult movie where they constantly swear ugly words but I would also won't like movies that deviate from reality to make 'em accessible to everyone where two soldiers are fighting and saying sweet and polite word to each others. The Ratings exist for a reason.

Spoiler

PS - Why do you support China that much? Do you only read movie News? Even Chinese netizens are thrashing Japan from yesterday even saying that Japan keeps biting the hand that feeds it. Even, Chinese Media is thrashing Japan on all news site that I can get access to read. Also I only brought this up because its related to "Boycott of Winter Olympic" which was your reason  of NWH not getting release few days ago.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

I don't know a country which stops people from watching a movie because of Education and Gender.  Though, I would not like my 10 year old Niece watching an adult movie where they constantly swear ugly words but I would also won't like movies that deviate from reality to make 'em accessible to everyone where two soldiers are fighting and saying sweet and polite word to each others. The Ratings exist for a reason.

Reveal hidden contents

I think you have forgot about censorship. Since, every one can watch what ever film is releasing in China. Therefore, CFA takes care about all adult content within the film whether it is muted slang or cutted intimate scenes. In extreme cases, They banned the film because cutting the film poorly breaks 120mins runtime to merely 30mins. In that cases, Studio just withdraw the application applied for theatrical release.

Spoiler

Japanese Citizens doesn't argue much about what other countries think about them. It's just our level of patience. That we try avoiding controversy as much as we can. Chinese Media does question about Japan's Imperial Army's aggressive oppression in Korea, China and many SEA countries. However, our current relation is a way lot better than what Chinese media reports. The only problem is that China doesn't want Japan to consider US as an ally. But, in past years, things has much changed between the both countries. I would not say that you are wrong but currently only the diplomatic relations between the Korea are at worst. Where Korean State media reported that Japan feed degraded food to athletics so that we can cheated score. However,  Govt of Japan asked an independent, non-government, foreign body to conduct food quality test for which the body reports that it's the best quality food served to athletics, shutting down all rumours by Korean State Media. On the other hand, it's not that I support China or me being Anti-Marvel or Pro-Local Films, but when someone blame CFA then there should be a good reasoning. It's not that political party in China is communist or Anti-USA, or they don't want NWH to top annual box office chart be brought as reason for not releasing in China. The board is completely independent of CCP. The only difference is that it doesn't have ratings system like other countries, because they believe in equality, other than that to avoid film that has controversial background, or their homeland not in good relations with the Mainland, they don't release the film. CFA was earlier loosely held censorship about Imported Films but after Monster Hunter scandal, the system got tight that without passing a second review, no film can get a date. That's all. We Japanese do not cry if our film does not get release. I have said this multiple times. And NWH was in release back one week ago. Don't get frustrated or annoyed. Just believe in yourself and you will discover the light.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, James said:

Maybe JJK0?

Might be. Because MediaLink make sure that film pass censorship because licensing it for Chinese Release. So might be just a possibility, But, for now, it is just certain to release two months later after licensing. So, it's just assumed as Early March 2022 release.

18 minutes ago, Mau said:

Do you guys think Turning red will be released? 

Disney's Animated Films will not have any problem in releasing in China. A suitable release date will be within 3-months of US premeire or in either cases, ahead of School holidays. BTW, I do not see any problem with theme/premise.