A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Spoiler

I do not know but Sony does not have logical sense. An official statement like this: "We abide by the rules and regulation, would like to apologise that we have added an persona grata visuals at Opening Theme &End Credit ahead of Chinese release. We, here by, apologise everyone for the mistake that has taken place ahead of release. But, to rectify &correct our mistakes, we would like to inform that we have removed the scenes. Hence, we are looking forward to co-operate with the film-regulators here. A release date will soon be announced. Stay Tuned to our official pages." But, no, Self-respect matters more than fan service. But, I believe Sony is smart enough to take a wise decision.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This isn’t happening. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:
  Hide contents

I do not know but Sony does not have logical sense. An official statement like this: "We abide by the rules and regulation, would like to apologise that we have added an persona grata visuals at Opening Theme &End Credit ahead of Chinese release. We, here by, apologise everyone for the mistake that has taken place ahead of release. But, to rectify &correct our mistakes, we would like to inform that we have removed the scenes. Hence, we are looking forward to co-operate with the film-regulators here. A release date will soon be announced. Stay Tuned to our official pages." But, no, Self-respect matters more than fan service. But, I believe Sony is smart enough to take a wise decision.

Where is this statement ?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:
  Hide contents

Some problems can be solved in a day. If Sony removed the Marvel Logo &End credits today, tomorrow, certainly there will be an announcement regarding it's release date.

Who owns rights to Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train? Ufotable because they produced it?

Can they  not give credits to Shueisha or remove it's name from Movie? Is it doable in Japan?

42 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:
  Hide contents

Lol, no chance this happens 

25 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Who owns rights to Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train? Ufotable because they produced it?

Can they  not give credits to Shueisha or remove it's name from Movie? Is it doable in Japan?

It isn't related at all. Shueisha has the right over manga, &manga is the source for creating the movie. So, Shueisha is given the credits only because of being license holder of manga. However, many of the overseas distributor removed Shueisha from Opening Theme with their name. But, Shueisha has not print heat because it distribute in Japan not Oversea. Same goes to China, Bilibilli removed Shueisha for their naming, then comes TOHO as distributor at Japan, then Ufotable as the production company. Aniplex of Japan also has shares in the film but they appeared at end credits. 

Well, if CFA asked the Studio to remove some credits from the movie then Studio can do it without any problem, But, Distributors here cannot remove the scene because of budget issues &non familiar arts. And in extreme case, no license to edit.

Edited by Issac Newton
Removed the spoilers

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

idk wtf is the point of this discussion all i see here are just people guessing, if spidey is released in china and when would that be we will be the first to know rest assured.

Appreciate your thoughts, John. But, some people aren't ready to give up. 

"Sometimes, truth can be bitter but it's time to accept it.."

17 hours ago, CoolK said:

hollywood only gets 25% of the total gross from China..rest goes to distributors/exhibitors..

chinese theatres may need foriegn films...more than foreign films need china market...

look at the per screen avg of few films

Boxoffice,China Boxoffice,China film Boxoffice,Weekly Boxoffice,Yearly Boxoffice-EntGroup

If foreign films are not releasing makes exhibition/distributor in Mainland China poor then, I would say that 2021 in Japan, is entirely flop because only 5 films managed to make more than ¥1000M /$8.5M+ (Eternals, Monster Hunter, Godzilla vs Kong, 007: No Time To Die &Fast and Furious 9) Rest of them even make less than $4M. But, that doesn't mean that market is losing money. Local has also been supporting the country cinema more than foreign films.

China Box Office easily make more money from local works. And this year was one of the most successful years in many times, Multiple records has been broken this year. (Biggest Single day gross, Biggest OW in single market, Biggest Holiday Weekend, Biggest 2nd Weekend, All-time records......) In fact, two films crossed ¥5000M and one crossed ¥4000M and a countable number of ¥1000M. Don't bring question that without a count of foreign films, a regional box office is flopped. This is totally a misconception. Also, other than that Hong Kong, production & Taiwanese production has contributed much (Raging Fire is only of TOP 10 Highest Grossing Film in Mainland China)

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 10:12 PM, Issac Newton said:

False Promises and playing with public love, is a game 🎯. I really feel bad about it

Like always, I would say that unless US cares about their films, unless their Disney/Marvel cares about Cultural and National laws at China, Unless Sony can not explain itself as an single license holder of NWH....... Unless Sony doesn't provide an explanation that they are different from Marvel.....Till then NWH will not get a release date.....All those wholesome also can be care off if Diplomacy are ready to clean out their wrong action

Marvel cares about Cultural and National laws. Marvel doesn't care about hypocrisy and I am glad. You are saying as if all fault is from Marvel when they literally haven't done anything to hurt chinese culture. 

• Like 6