CJohn

Hotel Transylvania 2 (September 25, 2015)

Again, I see no opinion posted except mine. If somebody else makes the mistake of seeing this movie, he can elaborate on its merits.

And I do NOT care, again, what anyone else thinks of it. My beef is with the movie itself. There won't be another sequel.

Except its gonna break its own September OW record and make plenty of money so... It probably well...

PS I think the movie looks about as mediocre as it gets

• Like 1

I just picked up the first two Hotel Transylvania 2 happy meal toys at McDonalds, Dracula and the Mummy! :bop:

Hotel_Toys.jpg

Ohmygod my boss got those for her kid today and I ended up having so much fun with the Vlad one!

"Velcome to hotel Transylvania!"

• Like 2

I'm going to McDonald's today just so I can steal a toy from my little sisters Happy Meal. :P

You don't have to steal, buying a Happy Meal is very cheap ($3 where I live), just make sure they are giving out Hotel Transylvania 2 Toys.

I think they will stop giving them out on October 14 where I live.

Who knew the first one was so fondly remembered?

It's certainly popular, it just got completely overshadowed by Brave, Wreck-It Ralph and to an extent Ice Age 4 the year it was released. Its fanbase is big enough to rush out to see the sequel on the first weekend. It's not going to make it past the first in the long run though. The only 2000s animated sequels to get a higher DOM gross than the originals were those where the first installments were REALLY popular (TS, Shrek, Madagascar, and DM), and even *that* isn't a guarantee (see Cars, Monsters, KFP, and HTTYD). The first HT is about on par with Cloudy in terms of popularity.

Edited by department store basement