CJohn

Hotel Transylvania 2 (September 25, 2015)

From Forbes:

I’m embargoed from reviewing Hotel Transylvania 2 until tomorrow afternoon, so all I will say is that I am baffled as to why the embargo for Hotel Transylvania 2 is so close to the release.

Hahaha Sony is terrified of Sandler-itis. Didn't critics on the first say that they were surprised how restrained Sandler seemed?

But whatever, Sony's gonna Sony.

From Forbes:

I’m embargoed from reviewing Hotel Transylvania 2 until tomorrow afternoon, so all I will say is that I am baffled as to why the embargo for Hotel Transylvania 2 is so close to the release.

Could this be a sign that maybe it's not so bad? While not often, some late-embargoed movies have turned out to actually be well received critically.

Who knows?

Sony isn't the worst animation studio, but in a world where Shaun the Sheep struggles to reach $20 million you wish these bigger studios would have to work a little harder to earn their keep. They shouldn't be able to turn a profit just by animating some little blue people screwing around for 90 minutes.

Sony isn't the worst animation studio, but in a world where Shaun the Sheep struggles to reach $20 million you wish these bigger studios would have to work a little harder to earn their keep. They shouldn't be able to turn a profit just by animating some little blue people screwing around for 90 minutes.

Well, in Shaun's favor,,,.

They probably didn't spend 150m marketing their movie.

So...well, there's that.

Stop motion just isn't that big compared to CGI.