26 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Apollo 13

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Amazing cast and great story.

The tension near the end was just nerve racking.

The music and everyone's face and you really felt the tension.

A-

I first watched this in grade 9 at school and everyone in the class loved, it was shown in tech class to show if you put your mind to it you can solve any problem.

Two of my favorite moments early on are where Tom Hanks is leading the tour around Cape Kennedy & remarks how anything is possible then talks about a computer fitting in a single room & containing millions of pieces of information. This was filmed in 1995 so remember the real internet explosion to becoming everything in our daily lives hadn't happened yet so very nice touch by Hanks & Ron Howard portraying how fast we can accomplish things that seem impossible. That quote "give me a lever long enough & I'll move the world" should be used more today in the space program. It's sad how little of importance NASA (space exploration in general) has become in the 21st Century. 

2nd is much smaller philosophically, but when Hanks is calming his wife down about the mission having the number 13, he brushes it off as any scientist would. It goes to show you despite all the randomness out there things can happen that defy expectation. What were the odds to have something unlucky happen & survive? They can't be good but somehow it turned into one of our space programs finest moments.