57 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Matrix

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Terrific thought provoking sci-fi that actually made me think, the only thing I felt this movie lacked was a strong emotional connection. The characters are awesome(especially morpheus) but we never get enough character development to really get to know them. That however is the only complaint I can level against this film. Really wish they made more movies like this.

A-

I remember when this movie came out..

It really change films with its action style and people really loved the story line.

No doubt it is a classic film now and one of the best Sci fi films ever

I personally feel that Revolutions was a massive let down from the brilliance of the first two.  So I'm really curious to see someone's opinion of it who loved it.

I personally feel that Revolutions was a massive let down from the brilliance of the first two.  So I'm really curious to see someone's opinion of it who loved it.

I enjoyed Revolutions as well, just not quite as much as the first two.  I thought the final battle between Smith and Neo was well done and the ending left you thinking about everything that transpired (in a good way for me).

My ratings:

Matrix: A

Reloaded: A-

Revolutions: B

Revolutions was the climax of two brilliant films and in my opnion the climaxses are always the best part because they are emotional, thrilling and in this very specific case, have powerful endings. I think people got mad because they totally changed the tone with MR, the first two made philosophical questions then the third one was all about action/finish the story, people turned into hipsters and said "meh, I don't like action, I like to think that I'm intelligent cause I like the ones with deep questions"

• Like 2

Boring, uninspired, predictable, badly made. 

:P

I love it. There's nothing I can add that's not already been said in this thread. It's an A.

Edited by Sam

why the wachowskis thought it would be good to infuse this with fate and destiny and knowing yourself and love saving the day i don't know, because both the action scenes and the down the rabbit hole conspiracy philosophies are great enough without the need for all that moralistic hokum. whatever though, it was fun.

C (50)

why the wachowskis thought it would be good to infuse this with fate and destiny and knowing yourself and love saving the day i don't know, because both the action scenes and the down the rabbit hole conspiracy philosophies are great enough without the need for all that moralistic hokum. whatever though, it was fun.

C (50)

The Chosen One is obviously quite a tired concept now (and something the played with during the Architect meeting in the follow-up) but they had to add some weight to Neo's journey. As Cypher says, he's effectively there 'to save the world'.

As for Baumer's question above, as much as I'd like to make a defense of Revolutions for the sake of conversation, I can't. The Zion attack is a complete snoozefest and the final showdown soon turns into a CGI, no-one-ever-gets-really-hurt punch-up. The ambiguous ending was nice, but not worth the previous 90 minutes.

Edited by Hatebox