efialtes76

Early Friday Numbers...?

So, Paranormal Activity 3 will cross $100,000,000 by Sunday.Incredible. Fantastic. Fully deserved. :DI'm also glad Footloose will be finishing over $50,000,000. I enjoyed that film.

Welcome krissykins..I wondered when you were going to show up...

From boxoffice.com Facebook page

Official Friday estimate: $4.9 million for 'Tower Heist'

Good hold. It can reach around 80-85m.

Great for Immortals. A big surprise for me although trailers and marketing were pretty good in the last couple of weeks.

Another great hold for Puss in Boots.

Jack and Jill did some decent business. Things could have been really bad but seems that Sandler can make the stupidest movie ever and people will still show up (even in smaller numbers than usual).

J. Edgar has a good opening but the lukewarm reviews will hurt it. An Oscar nom for Di Caprio could help it in the long run.

Clint Eastwood's J. EDGAR hit $4.2 mil in fifth place on Friday. Expect $10.5 mil for the weekend.

PUSS IN BOOTS snagged another $9 mil on Friday, as it will likely gross $26 mil this weekend in second place.

I was wondering to myself why predictions are so modest for Puss in Boots. With a $9 Million Friday, it seems like Puss in Boots is destined to beat the odds and cross $30 million a 3rd weekend in a row. I think that's the real story here; great four quadrant movie with excellent legs, just like the original Shrek.

Edited by Andy Stitzer

I was wondering to myself why predictions are so modest for Puss in Boots. With a $9 Million Friday, it seems like Puss in Boots is destined to beat the odds and cross $30 million a 3rd weekend in a row.

Again, Friday is inflated. It might not increase more than 10% on Saturday.