efialtes76

Early Friday Numbers...?

While J&J is a horrible movie, like horrible horrible horrible, it is opening to a similar Sandler opening as most of his films. WOM might not be that bad as the gradinf from 18 and unders is an A- so although we all might hate it don't expect it to outright bomb. It will probably hit 80 mill. I hated it but others didn't.

It has the same amber-tinged cinematography, the same slow-mo, the same shouted lines; the only way it could look more like 300 is if Gerard Butler was the lead

I'll give you the Amber tinged thing but for the most part the film is Tarsem applying the same basic visual style he had for his last film, the trailer may have slowed things down but the fights aren't in slow-mo and what shouted lines? You mean the speech that Cavil gives to the army? Well those speeches are always shouted in this kind of movie.Admittedly the marketing made the film look more like 300 than it actually is in an attempt to sell the film. Edited by CoolioD1

While J&J is a horrible movie, like horrible horrible horrible, it is opening to a similar Sandler opening as most of his films. WOM might not be that bad as the gradinf from 18 and unders is an A- so although we all might hate it don't expect it to outright bomb. It will probably hit 80 mill. I hated it but others didn't.

Not entirely similar since it's under 30M.

That's a mighty fine opening from J Edgar Considering bad to mixed reviews and the fact that it didn't look appealing at all 13 mil is a pretty darn good number and it seems that after that mega successful 2010 Leo has quite a pull with the audience