#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Well Bond was the only movie that didn't count their preview numbers with Friday numbers. I'm guessing because they had shows earlier than 10:00. But everybody else has counted them with midnights since these 10pm shows started. Where was the outrage then?

Huh? This is the first time I can remember that a studio refused to split them up.

Very predictable number. Impressive, but predictable. Should do about 140M for the weekend.....Also, who cares if Summit is reporting thursday numbers with friday? It's not like this film is going to break any records.....

Edited by Mr Potter

Not necessarily going to happen. I guarantee you if some movie comes along that breaks the Avengers' record by having a 10 PM boost on Thursday night, Disney will be howling about it. Rightfully so IMHO.

If they're going to have problem then, they should be howling right now and not wait until something like that happens. Edited by druv10

I'm pretty sure PA4's 10PM shows were counted with the weekend numbers. I think Sony is the only studio that separates previews out. TDKR counted all the marathons and their inflated ticket prices with the TDKR gross. Studios always fudge numbers like this. Always.

If they're going to have problem then, they should be howling right now not wait until something like that happens.

That sounds good in theory, but it's simply not how the industry operates. Sony doesn't usually cry about other studios cheating, but they sure made a huge deal about Disney's reporting on the worldwide opening for At World's End. Why did they care in that instance? Because Disney was doing some accounting trickery to brag about AWE beating SM3's opening.

That sounds good in theory, but it's simply not how the industry operates. Sony doesn't usually cry about other studios cheating, but they sure made a huge deal about Disney's reporting on the worldwide opening for At World's End. Why did they care in that instance? Because Disney was doing some accounting trickery to brag about AWE beating SM3's opening.

I agree this is crap but I also believe that more studios are going to follow Summit. Interesting question will be, do they push the envelope and add 8 or 9 PM shows?

Huh? This is the first time I can remember that a studio refused to split them up.

Yeah, same.Take At World's End for example. It's listed at 114.7M 3-Day and 139.8M 4-Day. The 13.2M from the Thursday previews are not included.Or Iron Man, listed at 98M for the OW, despite 3.5M from Thursday previews, which would put it at 102.1M for the OW, which would've been a big milestone to go for.Or Shrek the third, listed at 121.5M for the OW, despite ~900K from Thursday previews.

Yeah, same.Take At World's End for example. It's listed at 114.7M 3-Day and 139.8M 4-Day. The 13.2M from the Thursday previews are not included.Or Iron Man, listed at 98M for the OW, despite 3.5M from Thursday previews, which would put it at 102.1M for the OW, which would've been a big milestone to go for.Or Shrek the third, listed at 121.5M for the OW, despite ~900K from Thursday previews.

Clearly I'm talking about the recent trend in 10pm showings.