Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

Well, where to start?BD2 is outpacing BD1 and could clear 300Bond is having a 10% drop from a 41m weekend and will clear 300Lincoln will be up 20% from last weekendRalph will be down less than 10% from last weekend and break 150, on its way to 185-200Life of Pi and Guardians will clear 30m 5-day openingsSLP had a huge FridayBest box office weekend ever?

Yeah, every party likes what it is. Well, except DWA ...

So sad at the overall number for Guardians - after seeing it last night it's a beautiful film and will have great wom - probably the best uses of 3D in an animated film and some of the best since Avatar - and I don't care for 3d we just didn't have a choice last night lol

Considering the huge appetite for movies right now, there's every chance Guardians holds brilliantly over the coming few weeks. Families are looking at it and thinking 'Xmas film'. Save it up to see closer to the big day. These massive numbers bode well for Hobbit. Glad to see SLP exploding on Friday, its brilliant. Probably my favourite movie of the year so far.

Edited by wildphantom

So sad at the overall number for Guardians - after seeing it last night it's a beautiful film and will have great wom - probably the best uses of 3D in an animated film and some of the best since Avatar - and I don't care for 3d we just didn't have a choice last night lol

this.

Well, where to start?BD2 is outpacing BD1 and could clear 300Bond is having a 10% drop from a 41m weekend and will clear 300Lincoln will be up 20% from last weekendRalph will be down less than 10% from last weekend and break 150, on its way to 185-200Life of Pi and Guardians will clear 30m 5-day openingsSLP had a huge FridayBest box office weekend ever?

It's definitely up there.