Wadey Wilsoney

You ruined my movie!

Ever had a movie you liked suddenly become tainted by forces beyond your control?I love(d) Dodgeball, but knowing that Lance Armstrong's highly ironic speech provides a turning point in the movie really sucked the fun out of it.Then there's Rambo III. While I wouldn't call it a great movie, I still enjoyed it when I was younger. Then came the Taliban...Have you ever had a movie ruined like this where reality just kicks you out of the experience?

Good topic. Yep...I've had that with a few films as well. The biggest one is Apocalypse Now. Great film artistically but when I found out about nuts Francis went on the set, killing animals, it really just turned me off completely, from him and the film.

I read the link posted above. It's a list of movies that were fucked up by some bad shit that happened IRL.

Maybe my work computer will not let me open certain things or see certain things because I don't see any of that.

I'm surprised a certain someone has mentioned a certain actress in a certain film about rings.

That goes without staying because it`s a known general ruiner of movies, not something that bugged one individual.On purely individual basis, movies are ruined for me when hero and his love interest share an obligatory kiss in the end although they were barely together and didn`t have any chemsitry. Case in point the horrible Xavier/Moira kiss at the end of FC. The movie didn`t even try to hide that Xavier and Lensherr were a gay couple and then comes the het kiss out of blue to please Fox homophobes. No wonder Vaughan left FC2. Edited by fishnets

Good topic. Yep...I've had that with a few films as well. The biggest one is Apocalypse Now. Great film artistically but when I found out about nuts Francis went on the set, killing animals, it really just turned me off completely, from him and the film.

That's just the tip of the iceberg regarding the recklessness of that film's production. Edited by C00k13

While I have never seen it I would think that Mel Gibson's anti-semitic rants could have ruined Passion Of The Christ for a whole lot of people.

That's actually a good one. I thought the movie Passion of the Christ was fine, until I heard Catholic Priests explain why it was anti-semetic and not what they believe at all. Then, they went on to show how the events could not of taken place the way Mel Gibson portrayed them b/c of what we know historically about that emperor. So the movie turned from acceptable in my mind to an anti-semetic piece of garbage.