CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

I labelled you because I only hear from you if it is Les Mis related.

Not because I'm rooting for it, but because you've written it off way too early. I'm not saying it's going to sweep at the Oscars, but I fully expect it to get a large number of nominations. You going on and on about how mixed the reviews are isn't changing that. If I'm wrong, so what? If you're wrong, so what? Have fun.
  • Like 1

THL was a character study about a war junkie. ZDT is supposedly a procedural thriller with an obsessed main character a la Zodiac. The obsession angle seems pretty similar, as well as the setting, but ZDT has a more sprawling cast & running time and the objects of obsession are pretty different. Also THL was very apolitical and the same is being said about ZDT.

Not because I'm rooting for it, but because you've written it off way too early. I'm not saying it's going to sweep at the Oscars, but I fully expect it to get a large number of nominations. You going on and on about how mixed the reviews are isn't changing that. If I'm wrong, so what? If you're wrong, so what? Have fun.

I think that les Miz will be this year`s Cold Mountain, a movie many expected to be the frontrunner... until reviews came out and another, real frontrunner emerged. Yes, although many expected Shriekapoo to win for the whole trilogy, CM was perceived as a threat because it was Harvey + Minghela(sp?) + all-star cast + best-selling novel about Civil War. It seemed epic enough to steal the fantasy epic`s spotlight and GG`s sure as hell jumped on the bandwaggon and gave it more noms than Shrieky. But ti was the time between GG noms and GG wins that tide turned in Shrieky favor and suddenly other strong candidates such as Lost in Translation and Mystic River were left in the dust and CM ended up only with Zelly`s controversial win. It didn`t even get director nom at the Oscars. And GG started Shrieky sweep turning their backs on CM when they realized they almost bet on the wrong horse. Though I can`t imagine LM be as bland and awful as CM.

THL was a character study about a war junkie. ZDT is supposedly a procedural thriller with an obsessed main character a la Zodiac. The obsession angle seems pretty similar, as well as the setting, but ZDT has a more sprawling cast & running time and the objects of obsession are pretty different. Also THL was very apolitical and the same is being said about ZDT.

That`s more of a recurring theme than similar movie. I mean, larger than life romance and/or mother and child bond are recurring themes in Cameron movies but all those movies are very different. But then, we can`t know anything until we see it. i`m just saying that ZDT stikes me as different whereas others think it`s similar.

Emma Watson lost by one vote...fuck. So mad.

Lmao, dude, that`s going to be her only critical showing this year. So better one than none. I mean, who the hell knew? KStew and hedlund were supposed to break out with On the Road and yet Perks are hammering that movie.

Lmao, dude, that`s going to be her only critical showing this year. So better one than none. I mean, who the hell knew? KStew and hedlund were supposed to break out with On the Road and yet Perks are hammering that movie.

Perks would be getting A LOT more nominations but Summit really fucked it up. They really fucking did. They knew they had a winner, yet they treated it as a loser. Moronic Shittos.
  • Like 1

Perks would be getting A LOT more nominations but Summit really fucked it up. They really fucking did. They knew they had a winner, yet they treated it as a loser. Moronic Shittos.

:worthy:

I don't get why some people have really hyped Kstews performance in OTR. She literally does nothing except get naked. It's the definition of mediocre.

That` s basically all that was. Brave performence because she got naked.

Sand Diego loves Emma Watson! From ADF:2012 SDFCS Nominations:BEST FILMARGODJANGO UNCHAINEDSILVER LININGS PLAYBOOKTHE MASTERZERO DARK THIRTYBEST DIRECTORAng Lee, LIFE OF PIBen Affleck, ARGODavid O. Russell, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOKKathryn Bigelow, ZERO DARK THIRTYPaul Thomas Anderson, THE MASTERBEST ACTRESSHelen Hunt, THE SESSIONSJennifer Lawrence, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOKJessica Chastain, ZERO DARK THIRTYMichelle Williams, TAKE THIS WALTZNaomi Watts, THE IMPOSSIBLEBEST ACTORBradley Cooper, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOKDaniel Day-Lewis, LINCOLNHugh Jackman, LES MISERABLESJoaquin Phoenix, THE MASTERJohn Hawkes, THE SESSIONSBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESSAmy Adams, THE MASTERAnne Hathaway, LES MISERABLESEmma Watson, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWERRebel Wilson, PITCH PERFECTSamantha Barks, LES MISERABLESBEST SUPPORTING ACTORAlan Arkin, ARGOChristoph Waltz, DJANGO UNCHAINEDChristopher Walken, SEVEN PSYCHOPATHSMatthew McConaughey, KILLER JOEPhilip Seymour Hoffman, THE MASTERBEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAYQuentin Tarantino, DJANGO UNCHAINEDWes Anderson and Roman Coppola, MOONRISE KINGDOMSarah Polley, TAKE THIS WALTZJoss Whedon, THE CABIN IN THE WOODSPaul Thomas Anderson, THE MASTERBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAYChris Terrio, ARGODavid Magee, LIFE OF PITony Kushner, LINCOLNDavid O. Russell, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOKStephen Chbosky, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWERBEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILMAMOURHEADHUNTERSHOLY MOTORSTHE INTOUCHABLESTHE KID WITH A BIKEBEST DOCUMENTARYBULLYJIRO DREAMS OF SUSHIQUEEN OF VERSAILLESSAMSARATHE INVISIBLE WARBEST CINEMATOGRAPHYBen Richardson, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILDRobert Richardson, DJANGO UNCHAINEDDanny Cohen, LES MISERABLESClaudio Miranda, LIFE OF PIMihai Malaimare Jr., THE MASTERBEST ANIMATED FILMBRAVEFRANKIEWEENIEPARANORMANRISE OF THE GUARDIANSWRECK-IT RALPHBEST EDITINGWilliam Goldenberg, ARGOBrian A. Kates and John Paul Horstmann, KILLING THEM SOFTLYTim Squyres, LIFE OF PILeslie Jones and Peter McNulty, THE MASTERWilliam Goldenberg and Dylan Tichenor, ZERO DARK THIRTYBEST PRODUCTION DESIGNSarah Greenwood, ANNA KARENINASharon Seymour, ARGOHugh Bateup and Uli Hanisch, CLOUD ATLASEve Stewart, LES MISERABLESAdam Stockhausen, MOONRISE KINGDOMBEST SCOREAlexandre Desplat, ARGOBenh Zeitlin and Dan Romer, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILDMychael Danna, LIFE OF PIAlexandre Desplat, MOONRISE KINGDOMJonny Greenwood, THE MASTERBEST ENSEMBLE PERFORMANCEARGODJANGO UNCHAINEDLES MISERABLESSEVEN PSYCHOPATHSTHE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2