Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

@GermainLussier
Crimson Peak is not at all what you’re expecting, in both good ways & bad. Overall though, it’s beautiful & I liked it. #fantasticfest

@devincf 
I really liked CRIMSON PEAK. Beautiful, twisted, suddenly brutal. 

But here's a line from the movie to warn you about the movie: "It's not a ghost story, it's a story with ghosts in it."

@TheTomNix
Guillermo Del Toro has made an incredibly gorgeous, seriously violent love story. Get hyped for CRIMSON PEAK, y'all. #FantasticFest

@MattGoldberg 
'Crimson Peak' is GDT's spin on a love story in that he latches onto love's horrors. Takes a while to click, but it does.#FantasticFest

‏@davidehrlich
CRIMSON PEAK: almost a Tom McCarthy-level rebound from the disastrous Pacific Rim. CG ghosts are a crime but the rest is gorgeous gothic fun
Edited by Durden
  • Like 7

And I did say Pirates was a risk - I specifically said I was surprised nobody had yet mentioned it. I don't know if it had to contend with Jaws/Star Wars-type studio doubts, however, since it seems a "thought up by studio executives" concept - which is part of why the Internet was pessimistic on it. (I have mused in the past that Battleship is basically what the Internet feared Pirates was going to be.)

I remember the pre-release hype for POTC was that it probably will be a very expensive disneyland-ride ad and there's was a rumour/story after it became a huge hit about how Eisner (then Disney CEO) was furious when he saw the first footage because Depp's gay pirate was ruining his movie. It was a big gamble.

• Like 1

Finally got footage AKA the trailer at Straight Outta Compton and The Visit. Not quite sure what this is about, lol, but it looks nice. I forgot Hunnam’s in it.

I knew a post from you was coming in this thread, Blanks. You Blanked me in this thread a few minutes ago :lol: