Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

Really?Six years after anyone gave a damn. The first one fluked it's way to the top due to the 3D craze after Avatar. So why on earth make another Six years later. What ever happened to the girl that played Alice even? Where did her career go? Where is she at?

• Like 1

Really?Six years after anyone gave a damn. The first one fluked it's way to the top due to the 3D craze after Avatar. So why on earth make another Six years later. What ever happened to the girl that played Alice even? Where did her career go? Where is she at?

She has a successful career outside of Hollywood, doing independent films.

Not everyone wants to be famous.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

She has a successful career outside of Hollywood, doing independent films.Not everyone wants to be famous.

It's not that. I just don't think she has done enough to have audiences remember her and want to be interested in her new blockbuster six years after her last blockbuster Edited by AJG

It's not that. I just don't think she has done enough to have audiences remember her and want to be interested in her new blockbuster six years after her last blockbuster

The movie isn't even going to be sold on her name. It's going to be sold on Depp's (who audiences are clearly getting tired of).

The movie isn't even going to be sold on her name. It's going to be sold on Depp's (who audiences are clearly getting tired of).

I understand that. But she's still gonna be front and center on the posters and her characters name is in the films title. It's just that selling your movie with two actors, one their tired off and another they don't know, seems to be something that may not bode well... Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

I understand that. But she's still gonna be front and center on the posters and her characters name is in the films title. It's just that selling your movie with two actors, one their tired off and another they don't know, seems to be something that may not bode well...

The first one was a hit, so I don't think Disney really cares, they just want money.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Why does it matter.

It kinda relates to my theory about Star Trek 2. If the 2 leads from that movie did more work that connected with audiences in the four years between film then maybe STID would have performed better. I only remember seeing Chris Pine in a Spy RomCom and Zachary Quinto in a Car commercial.

It kinda relates to my theory about Star Trek 2. If the 2 leads from that movie did more work that connected with audiences in the four years between film then maybe STID would have performed better. I only remember seeing Chris Pine in a Spy RomCom and Zachary Quinto in a Car commercial.

Huh? Did more WW. What about Astin and Elijah Wood do between movies, Jackman (X1-X2), AP1-AP2 (Myers)?

Huh? Did more WW. What about Astin and Elijah Wood do between movies, Jackman (X1-X2), AP1-AP2 (Myers)?

There was only a 2 year gap between AP1 and AP2. Jackman was playing an extremely well known character and there was only a 3 year gap between films (which seemed standard at the time). And Elijah Wood hasn't tried to be in a big franchise film like LOTR since it ended so that example is far too different. Edited by AJG

There was only a 2 year gap between AP1 and AP2. Jackman was playing an extremely well known character and there was only a 3 year gap between films (which seemed standard at the time). And Elijah Wood hasn't tried to be in a big franchise film like LOTR since it ended so that example is far too different.

Really are we going to do this all day. Will find more examples if you want. Also why does it matter if 2 years apart and no big movies and 6 years?

• Like 1

Really are we going to do this all day. Will find more examples if you want. Also why does it matter if 2 years apart and no big movies and 6 years?

It matters because 6 years is too big a time without any big movies going on. 2 years allows for the last movie to still be fresh in the audiences mind.

Disney's ALICE IN WONDERLAND sequel THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is scheduled to begin filming mid-July in London

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=264702

Pretty much means that Pirates 5 is not happening for 2016 (if it ever happens at all). 2 movies with Johnny Depp playing dress up released by the same studio in the same summer is just not gonna happen.