Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

16 minutes ago, Sean B said:

I respectfully disagree. The first one was bland and boring. This one is the exact opposite of that. 

Yeah I'll agree that the first was bland. But it was more or less pretty cohesive and I found it generally entertaining. This one had a script that had some good moments but was just plain messy altogether.

Also, none of the action was really exciting. The film's climax didnt feel all that climactic, and the effects didn't impress me. The best way I can describe the look of this movie is a selfie of some sixteen year old girl on Instagram that has been airbrushed to death. It looks pretty and a lot of work has gone into it, but it also looks suuuper fake.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yeah I'll agree that the first was bland. But it was more or less pretty cohesive and I found it generally entertaining. This one had a script that had some good moments but was just plain messy altogether.

Also, none of the action was really exciting. The film's climax didnt feel all that climactic, and the effects didn't impress me. The best way I can describe the look of this movie is a selfie of some sixteen year old girl on Instagram that has been airbrushed to death. It looks pretty and a lot of work has gone into it, but it also looks suuuper fake.

I beg to differ. To each his/her own I guess. I thought the effects were fine. The only reason it looks fake is because a large percentage of the film of the amount had blue screens or green screens/ CGI , etc, that was used in it.

Edited by Sean B
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sean B said:

I beg to differ. To each his/her own I guess. I thought the effects and were fine. The only reason it looks fake is because a large percentage of the film of the amount blue screens or green screens/ CGI , etc, that was used in it.

Yea for sure. I don't disagree with anything you're saying, because for me when I dislike a film, there's 2 "ways"

1. This movie is actually terrible and I don't like it

2. I didn't really find the movie all that enjoyable, but it's easy to see why others would enjoy it.

This falls into the latter category. Something like Hitman or Taken 3 fall into the former.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea for sure. I don't disagree with anything you're saying, because for me when I dislike a film, there's 2 "ways"

1. This movie is actually terrible and I don't like it

2. I didn't really find the movie all that enjoyable, but it's easy to see why others would enjoy it.

This falls into the latter category. Something like Hitman or Taken 3 fall into the former.

Yeah, It's usually the same for me when I see a film I disliked. This movie wasn't one that I didn't like though.

• Like 3

On May 30, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Sean B said:

Yeah, It's usually the same for me when I see a film I disliked. This movie wasn't one that I didn't like though.

You know, most people I've talked to who saw it said...eh, it was alright.

I don't think it bombing is really about its quality.  There's other factors at play here.  Depp and, nobody really wanted this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

You know, most people I've talked to who saw it said...eh, it was alright.

I don't think it bombing is really about its quality.  There's other factors at play here.  Depp and, nobody really wanted this. 

Depp isn't something that effected this films box office revenue. What did effect its box office revenue was the bad reviews. People pay way too much attention to movie reviews. I bet that 90% to 95% of the people that won't see or haven't seen this movie, is because they believe its bad reviews that it doesn't really deserve. It is better a movie then its being given credit for.

Edited by Sean B
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sean B said:

Depp isn't something that effected this films box office revenue. What did effect its box office revenue was the bad reviews. People pay way too much attention to movie reviews. I bet that 90% to 95% of the people that won't see or haven't seen this movie, is because they believe its bad reviews that it doesn't really deserve. It is better a movie then its being given credit for.

I don't get how people listen to critics sometimes.

"I loved that movie but the critics hated it, that's because critics have no idea that they're talking about"

"I'm not seeing that movie because critics gave it bad reviews"

:WHATanabe:

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sean B said:

Im...going to disagree.

Im not sure I understand what's up...but I have a feeling Depp is kinda toxic to box office.  Like...I think some people are not watching movies simply cause he's in it.  He can beat it...but...I think it's real.

So...not agreeing.  I don't think it's just the movie.