Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

27 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

@CJohn

Time

Hide contents

traveling through the sea of time by pulling that lever up and down.

I just thought that was the funniest thing.

Time was the best thing of the movie besides the score and the visuals. Sacha was great.

• Like 1

On May 26, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Mojoguy said:

Amber Heard is an obvious gold digger. A year of marriage and she wants a divorce and spousal support?

Deep now ready to sign on for 3 more Pirates movies!

Yeah, but Disney probably isn't.

But really how's this compare to the first movie?  And, talk to me like I enjoyed the first movie (I did).

Edited by kowhite

On 26/5/2016 at 5:51 AM, Mojoguy said:

Depp's mom died three days ago

His wife Amber Heard now wants to divorce him

Depp didn't sign a Prenub, so his wife will be getting half of all his money

Depp got screwed. WOW.

and now she accuse him of domestic violence. Depp is so screwed and the movie as well.

On 5/26/2016 at 10:51 PM, Mojoguy said:

Depp's mom died three days ago

His wife Amber Heard now wants to divorce him

Depp didn't sign a Prenub, so his wife will be getting half of all his money

Depp got screwed. WOW.

1 minute ago, Hermia said:

and now she accuse him of domestic violence. Depp is so screwed and the movie as well.

None of this is worse for him than his agreeing to star in Kevin Smith movies

• Like 5

I just saw this movie in theaters a little earlier today. I really enjoyed it quite a bit. It was very colorful, fun, weird and trippy film. It's much better then the first movie. I will probably go to see it once more in theaters before its theatrical run is over. 

★★★★★
5/5

P.S. - I will probably make this review longer at a later time.

Edited by Sean B
  • Like 6

Spotted two different Blu-ray release dates:
1) http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVDList2.php3?id=8230392"]September 27th, 2016
2) https://www.shopmyexchange.com/pre-order-now-alice-through-the-looking-glass-blu-ray-dvd-/7905560"]October 18th, 2016

For all we know they might be waiting to see how well this does theatrically. The better it does, the October date would seem more likely. No 3D listing on these sites as well.

20 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The Alice theme is all over the score, choir is in it throughout and it's mixed prominently in the movie? I think we saw different movies? The main theme is borderline omnipresent. There are half a dozen times when everything is dialed down and it's just the score and the visuals.

The score is utterly stunning btw. So great to hear a score with multiple, well developed themes and a director/team who aren't embarrassed by them. A 5* score that will be hard to top this year.

Sounds like Tomorrowland in release date, box office AND the score dominating the film. At least TL didn't have what may soon become Hollywood's next Mel Gibson.

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

It's a much better movie than the first. The original's audience will enjoy it very much. Yet it looks like they aren't going to turn up for the most part. 

Did the original have an audience, or was it the 3D novelty that had the audience?

51 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Did the original have an audience, or was it the 3D novelty that had the audience?

Both. It rode the 3D wave, but Depp and Burton doing that story was appealing to a lot of people. 

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

Even if people were digging it (they aren't) the Depp scandal would undo all of that.

That's not why this film isn't doing well in the box office. It's because the first film appealed to people better then this one does. Johnny Depp didn't do anything to Amber Heard. She's a liar. She's only making those allegations against Johnny Depp because she wants his money. 

Edited by Sean B

16 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Didn't say it was but it's inevitably going to damage whatever waning interest was left.

Ignoring the rest of your post.

Well you did say 'the Depp scandal would undo all of that'.