Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

I think, if Burton hasn't seen The Witch yet, when he does, he's going to cast Anya Taylor-Joy in any role he can cast her in. Anya's like Mia W., Christina R. and Winona R. rolled into one... A Burton muse personified. Did Vincent Price make her before his death?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

Feeling no hype for this movie... General reaction on FB and Twitter among my social circle seems to be "Johnny Depp with make-up crap again?" 

Well, I've heard worse insult leading up to a release. But, yes, the indifference is strong with Alice and X-Men it would seem.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well, I've heard worse insult leading up to a release. But, yes, the indifference is strong with Alice and X-Men it would seem.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Alice 2 opens less than 50 4-day. 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hmm. Nothing would shock me with Alice 2. A 90M 4 day or a 40M 4 day. I haven't the foggiest with this one.

Although it made a lot of money, "Alice" is not all that fondly remembered. It made it's big money because it was the first big 3D film out the chute after "Avatar".

I think it is going to not make anywhere near what the first one made.  I can see it anything from a modest success to an out and out bomb.

X men will be hurt by the reviews and not great WOM from where it has opened, but it will have no problem beating ALice 2,though it might have short legs.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, RichWS said:

Six years is a long time; I had a lot more hair and Johnny Depp wasn't a joke. 

I don't remember any movie that so many people saw and then forgot about then Alice.It's a mediocre movie that got very lucky because of 3D.

You might well have two films that perform before expectations this weekend...though X Men will do much better then ALice.

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Six years is a long time; I had a lot more hair and Johnny Depp wasn't a joke. 

It sure does feel like 2016 is the year of untimely sequels.

Zoolander 2- 15 years after Zoolander

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2- 14 years after My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Barbershop 3- 12 years after Barbershop 2

Finding Dory- 13 years after Finding Nemo

Independence Day: Resurgence- 20 years after Independence Day

On 5/23/2016 at 5:18 PM, RichWS said:

I'm guessing around 60m 4-day. Really pulling that number out of thin air. 

...Which is exactly what the movie will be trying to do, based on how little buzz this has.