baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

No, you really do need more of an explanation than that. Unless what you're saying is that any hero in any movie can do anything, which I strongly disagree with.

Well he was trained to do that sort of thing, that's all the explanation I needed. If you want to know how he did it watch Batman Begins..

• Community Manager

Lol I do love how well Baumer Trolls.In my opinion, if you love TDK, but give reasons such as 'how did batman get back to Gotham from the pitt', as to why you dislike TDKR.....well, i personally don't think you understand why you dislike TDKR. Plenty of bigger leaps in logic than that one in its predecessor!

If you get bothered by plot twists and loop holes then that means you didn't connect with the movie. That's really why Baumer doesn't like TDKR: he didn't connect with it.
  • Like 2

I'm not quite sure how Batman goes to the toilet in his bat suit. Nolan should had included a scene explaining that!

Good one.

He should have also included a 10 minute expository scene of Bane's henchmen removing his mask, with screwdrivers and whatnot, so that he can eat. And Nolan should have had said scene dispersed throughout the movie to showcase that Bane does get hungry and requires energy to perform the physical activities in the movie..

You know, to tie up all the loose ends & loop holes.

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

I love how divisive TDKR still is. No other movie franchise has generated this much discussion in recent years.

FWIW, I bought the blu-ray yesterday. I still like the parts I liked in the cinema, and certain elements I didn't like will always be problematic. At worst, the film is a solid third entry.

Lol, TDKR is far from a divisive movie. Its just always compared to its immediate predocessor by comical cinephiles because its not quite as good.

Skyfall is easily the blockbuster of the year.

Definitely agree there.

Lol, TDKR is far from a divisive movie.

I've talked to a number of people who veer from loving it to loathing it. It's about as divisive as a blockbuster can get in these consensus- driven times. That it's generally not considered as good as TDK doesn't change that.
  • Like 1

I've talked to a number of people who veer from loving it to loathing it. It's about as divisive as a blockbuster can get in these consensus- driven times. That it's generally not considered as good as TDK doesn't change that.

Dude, not even close. Its considered by the majority to be good, but not out of this world great like TDK.

A divisive film is when a lot of people think its great and a lot of people think its shit with not much middle ground. I don't see that at all with TDKR, despite some anecdotal loudmouths on the internet, which every movie gets.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 2

A divisive film is when a lot of people think its great and a lot of people think its shit with not much middle ground. I don't see that at all with TDKR, despite some anecdotal loudmouths on the internet, which every movie gets.

this 100% this

TDKR is divisive. You can try to spin it any way you want, but has there been a blockbuster in recent memory that divide people (especially its fans) more than this one?

TDKR is divisive. You can try to spin it any way you want, but has there been a blockbuster in recent memory that divide people (especially its fans) more than this one?

If we're talking about big blockbusters then no, I can't think of a recent one. I know people who loved TDK and didn't care for Rises at all. That's par for the course on the net, but I'm talking about real life - for every person I know that really liked it I can find another that really didn't. I liked the movie so I have no reason to make this up. It took certain risks that turned some people off. Edited by Hatebox

lets put this way, on IMDB's site

TDKR

3.7% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

96.3% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

Avengers

5.1% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

94.9% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

BD2

30.5% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

69.5% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

Skyfall

5.7% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

94.3% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

Prometheus

16.1% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

83.9% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

John Carter

18.2% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

81.8% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

Your beloved saga is 100 times more divisive than TDKR

Twilight

44.3% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

55.7% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

New Moon

56.9% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

43.1% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

Breaking Dawn 1

47.0% people gave a grade between 1 and 5

53.0% people gave a grade between 6 and 10

no more talking about how TDKR is divisive, it's silly and dumb :)

Edited by Goffe of Oz
  • Like 2

TDKR

Avengers

BD2

Skyfall

Prometheus

John Carter

Twilight

New Moon

Breaking Dawn 1

Does not matter, Baumer's opinion is more correct then that off 500k people

Are we still on the realism in TDKR?ITS A FUCKING COMIC BOOK MOVIE PEOPLE!!Not the fucking Godfather.

Godfather is as unrealistic as a Batman movie.It s all made up.Mario Puzzo invented everything and never met a mafioso in his life. Edited by The Futurist

Still, people who question some internal logic in COMIC BOOK MOVIES are funny.They ask how Batman/Bruce Wayne can do this and that in TDKR so it s not realistic yaddi yadda whatever ...Well how The Joker can pull off everything he does in TDK exactly ???He can't, he s a vilain in a COMIC BOOK MOVIE PEOPLE !!!WAKE UP !!!

• Like 2

TDKR

Avengers

BD2

Skyfall

Prometheus

John Carter

Twilight

New Moon

Breaking Dawn 1

I wouldn't call the Twilight movies divisive, they're niche. They're aimed at a very specific demographic, young girls. Plus, most critics agree their badly made from an objective standpoint.

I think tone and expectations have a lot to do with it because I don't think TDKR has significantly more problems than BB or TDK. People like to herald Nolan's films for their realism but they're all fairly fun and campy. To those who thought TDKR wasn't 'believable' I point to the climax of BB. All three movies are viscerally and emotionally riveting, but they're still taking place in a comic book world.You could tore plenty of holes through Avengers but the tone is light and fun so most don't bother to.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3