Squaremaster316

Avengers Nitpicking Thread

Plus a lot of DC Comic/Nolan loonies read the LA Times. :hi5:

According to more than 2,600 respondents to a Times online survey Joss Whedon's get-the-band-together take on the iconic superheroes was the most overpraised feature film of 2012.

The sometimes-quippy, sometimes-geeky save-the-world-fest garnered a whopping 85% of the votes

WHAAAAT lol

Edited by zlazer

It is a good multipler but not comparable to TA and THG as they opened to max potenital ^^^That is why I think even if the opening was not hit by tragic events it would have not made way more domestic.Something like 180/460-470 at most...

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think a trim down by 10-15 mins, a more simplier story (A complex part is great but here it was just too much) and some more dark humour like TDK would have helped out a lot...

I also think turning Bane from bad ass mastermind to pussy whipped goon towards the end really hurt the movie, at least to me. Bane was diminished greatly and what little, if anything, Cottilard added didn't come remotely close to offsetting the damage done to his character.
  • Like 2

My biggest problem with TDKR is that Cottilard should have killed Bruce during or after sex. Game over. Done.

I tend to not get worked up over stuff like that. If I did, I would have to hate almost every Bond movie ever. But I still didnt think her character added anything of value, let alone enough to warrant cutting the legs out from under Bane as a character.

My biggest problem with TDKR is that Cottilard should have killed Bruce during or after sex. Game over. Done.

Or when Batman and Catwoman jumped into the Bat, they could have easily defeated Bane because he was watching them fleeing on the roof. Heavily weaponed as it is, they could have blown him to smitherins. (Bat could even let Catwoman press the button).