baumer

The Last Airbender

15 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

So um....I actually have to confess that although I gave it an F, I only saw I think probably only half of the movie in theaters. We never stayed the whole time for it since my friends (who are big fans of this. I haven't ever seen one episode) were not into this at all and were ripping it to shreds.

So....unless the last half or so is super amazing and I missed out on it, I consider this film an F. It didn't intrigue me at all and at times I laughed (which I'm sure wasn't the response they were looking for).

It looks pretty, it sounds great, but the core, the script, is definitely rotten, like "one of the worst scripts for a +100m film" kind of rotten. Other big problem is the acting, I don't know if the problem lies on Shyamalan complete inability to direct actors or if the actors can't act whatsoever... or both.

Scenes that didn't have any dialogue and minimal acting, just the fantastic the score playing, were actually good though.

A big missed opportunity, the premise feels so unique and interesting, it should have been at least decent in the hands of a capable director. 35/100
Edited by Mad Goffe