The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

86 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

i'm not offended at all, i just find the movie completely ridiculous. it's silly, not offensive.

and i still enjoy it a lot anyway.

edit: and if you really want i've changed it to monarchy, in case anyone thought i meant there's too many white people in the movie. it's the traditionalism, bloodlines, kings and all that stuff that i find hilarious, and it tries to make you proud of it. i don't know, it was european in a way that i associated it with 'whiteness'. sue me.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Who here remembers being like a kid or young teen watching this film and seeing the Great Hall in the Mines of Moria or the two Kings standing guard and being amazing.

I remember my two cousins and I watched this film on the computer and back then rips of films were really bad but we were still blown away. 

• Like 1

Simply the best ... a near perfect motion picture.  Crazily, the extended edition of this film makes it even better.

Perfect blend of character development mixed with exciting action set pieces. 

Boromir is one of my favorite characters and his death scene along with the score from the film is so haunting.  Boromir's last stand at Amon Hen may be my favorite moment of the trilogy because of the emotion that builds.  So sad and tragic.

I didn't see this in theaters, but rented it the following summer and was hooked enough to check out The Two Towers in theaters and that was it ... fan for life. 

A+, 5/5

My #2 or #3 film of all time (with Goodfellas, behind The Godfather)

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

I give it a 15/10, realy the best movie ever made!

It had awesome action scenes but also great dialoges and story telling ellement.

I mean even the vituals were beter than most movie now, this was just amazing!

Just re-watched the EE edition.

I'm so struck with how perfect this movie is. The acting, the storytelling, the world that after all this time is just as stunningly beautiful. Also, the greatest soundtrack ever made for a movie. Howard Shore is pure genius. 

The Lothlorien scenes were my favourite part of the movie. I love Tolkien's Elves. And the ending scenes... so many memories.

Now it's time for the 4 hour epicness of the Two Towers EE. 

A+

Edited by James
  • Like 2

What can I say that hasn't already been said before? This is one of the defining films of my life.

The first time I saw it, I went in not knowing what to expect. I knew relatively little about LOTR, I was getting Aragorn mixed up with Boromir and Merry mixed up with Pippin, but I was still hooked. When that last shot faded out, I had a feeling of "Aw man, that's it?" I would have sat in that theater and watched the story unfold for another 6 hours.

I saw the movie in the theater at least two more times, and I watched the Extended Edition DVD over and over. I read the books multiple times, and of course I dutifully followed the rest of the film series. And it was all because of this movie.

A+

• Like 2